2001 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Longevity!
By Owner2001 on 07/17/09 13:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of my '01 convertible and I am extremely impressed with the build quality. Other than scheduled fluid changes I have not had a single issue. The car starts everytime, it is fun to drive and for what it is (an entry level sports car) I am a very satisfied customer. Having owned a '95 coupe this car is superior in every way. I have modified the car with dual exhaust /w GT bumper, hood & side scoops, a fibreglass front bumper, tires & rims, welded sub-frame connectors, strut tower brace, pedal kit, and new air intake.

Great value
By nvbanker on 10/02/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car has given me no trouble whatever. It has taken a lot of abuse from my son, and has kept on ticking. I'm very impressed with its performance, and toughness. For the money, it's the finest car I've seen.

2001 Mustang Convertable
By Bryan on 02/17/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this '01 Mustang with 44K miles already logged. Mileage is now 68K with only one tune up and a change of disk brakes pads. Very reliable, averages 23mpg all the time. Convertible top is very easy to operate. Great fun economical car. Looks fast sitting still. :-)

V6 Contertible Mustang
By Robert Jay on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

My ford mustang was purchased pre-owned and has not given my any problems yet. My mustang is fun to drive and is very reliable. The durability is also great compared to a more compact size car.

2001 Ford Mustang Conv
By MCSD on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love the convertable. Easy to use. Wind noise is noticable, but not bad for a convertable. No problems so far with the car (about 38,000 miles on it). Gas mileage is ok ~ 24 miles/gallon on average.

mine is yellow
By therick03 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

could use a few more horsepower, but overall a cool, fun to drive little car..any help on modifications would be greatly appreciated

The American Tuner Car
By Michael10012 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned a 2001 Mustang Convertible for about a year now and I must say it is a vast improvement over the boring Front-wheel drive sedan I owned before. The power with the V6 is adequate, though not stellar--but a few aftermarket performance parts can solve that problem. The car is also surprisingly sturdy, handling a collison with a toyota pick up with minimal damage. By far its best attribute is its agility.

Economy sports car
By Nematode on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Mustang Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Much faster stock than a Civic, and can buy used for cheap. Handles well, easily modified to be very fast. It's a bit heavy, but turning and braking are still good. Cheaper than a Camaro and more easily modified.