Very Happy With My Choice!
By wrightkl on
2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
First - fuel economy - I have carefully tracked every fill-up and after 3 mo./3400 miles cumulative economy is 35.8 mpg (the display is 3% optimistic and shows 36.9). Outside temperature makes a big difference. At 70 deg. I get 40 mpg and at 25 deg. I get 33. The ride is enjoyable and very quiet, even in the gasoline mode. The transmission was a happy surprise - the CVT eliminates that shifting feeling and acceleration (of which there is plenty) just feels better. Interior is classy - I have the Smokestone leather seats (along with the Steel Blue Metallic exterior, which is a nice combination). Only reason I have a 4 for build quality was two small items which the dealer handled - no biggie.
Favorite Features
1. The fuel management display - there are four modes from which to choose. I chose the "Empowered" mode, which is the most detailed, and selected to show the mpg bar graph (instead of the famous tree with green leaves) The setup really helps you understand what is going on as regards mpg. 2. The Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). 3. Overall looks and execution.
Suggested Improvements
1. Trunk space - it is OK (I can pack my gear for a long business trip inside it) but the hybrid battery does restrict it somewhat. 2. Gave a 4 on Value since hybrids are pricey - it's just a fact of life. However, the design and performance go a long way towards justifying the price. If you are looking for a sharp, well-thought out sedan with outstanding fuel economy, you need to consider this vehicle. - other than that, great value in terms of quality and performance.