2010 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
O-K until transmission went out
By wvnurse on 05/15/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Focus as a used car with 20k miles. Tires were not so hot so replaced them. I drive 100-150 miles daily & needed good fuel economy. It gets about 30-35 on highway & much less in town. Have not had much difficulty until the transmission went out at 93,000 miles. Oil changes & check ups are done on time by the dealer's service department. The dealer has had it since March 17 tried 3 transmissions which were not good and is still looking for one. I authorized a new one but for some reason the dealer's service department is balking on it. Getting close to 2 months with no replacement to be found. Thinking about just giving it to the dealer & getting a Toyota.

Worst focus ive owned out of the 4
By yankees102110 on 09/23/13 20:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the focus ses in June of 2011 with 18k on it, I traded it in in April 2013 with 45k on it. In the 22 months and 27,000 miles i owned it i went through 3 sets of tires, 2 axles, 2 wheel bearings, abs control module that cost me almost 2000, 2 sets of front rotors, the driver side door handle broke, the locks in the car stopped working, and the sync would not work half the time. This all happened around the time the warranty ran out and just to be clear Ive always been very easy on my cars. This was my fourth focus Ive owned, 2 01s, an 05, and this one. I traded this one in for a 2013 corolla, I test drove the new focus and could not stand the way the transmission felt.

I love this car
By bstraw on 06/18/12 11:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed to downsize from the Trailblazer I had and needed something that was a lot better on gas milegae so I looked at the Focus. I've had mine for a few months and really like it. Other than the road noise which I read may be either the factory (kumho) tires or rims and the fact that my ignition coil went out at 40k thousand miles I love this car and would defintely purchase another one.

Great car
By nrudolph on 06/11/11 19:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Follow up review. 9 months, 26,000 miles later. I replaced the OE Kumho tires with some Continental Extremecontact DWS, and that further improved the already good ride, gave it better grip in the corners, and a quieter ride as well. I've had zero problems since I've owned it, and it's fun to drive, with the A/C off it has plenty of power, and the transmission is responsive and the gears are well spaced for a 4-speed unit. It has tons of grip, and very little body lean in the corners, it just grips and grips. However, with the A/C on, and passengers in the car, the little 2.0 get's a little overwhelmed when getting up to speed. At WOT, the A/C shuts off anyway, so no big deal.

Great little car
By nrudolph on 01/06/11 22:30 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I've had my (2011) Focus SES 2.0L/4A since August 20th, and I currently have 7,998 miles on it. My commute is almost all highway, between 60-80 miles a day. I've average 28mpg overall (cruise at 75 on highway)which is about what I expect when you have 4 merges each way, and MPG drops with speed anyway. In 8k miles of driving it hasn't been back to the dealership once. Feels solid driving down the road. Interior is quiet, but not silent, as there is a little bit of road noise, but nothing bad. I have the basic stereo, albeit with sync. Stock speakers aren't bad considering the class of car. Engine has adequate power, transmission does not hunt for gears and shifts smoothly.

Ford's got a winner
By robert gatrell on 08/23/10 01:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I drove the Mazda3 and Civic; this little car is right there with them if not better. You get a great car for the money. I am very impressed. Acceleration on the interstate is great and the handling is nimble but firm. Hard to imagine I'm not in an expensive sports car. SES has a great curbside appeal. Ford was definitely listening to consumers when they built this car. 33 mpg all around mileage is another plus.

Awesome!
By MaiTai on 08/17/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 Focus after my Jetta died, haven't missed the Germans since. Ford has managed to pack a whole bunch of gear into a nicely priced package. I was originally wary, seemed way too small to me, and then I sat in and drove it! Sync goes way at the top of my list of favorite features, as well as the heated seats and other luxury amenities. I have the automatic which shifts smoothly and is still fun to drive. quality is great and everything feels solid. I would buy another Focus again in a heartbeat.

Back to a Ford Focus
By Douglas Lower on 08/05/10 00:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my sixth Focus purchase. In between each purchase of another Focus, I buy different makes of vehicles, and become unsatisfied and trade back to a Focus. I have switched back from a Honda Accord, and fit. And the last from a 10 Kia soul, and 11 sorento. I love the ses model. It is a loaded automatic. It does everything very well. It is a very well rounded vehicle. I usually buy an se model, but this time I went all out! I am happy I did. All the extra features for so little extra in cash. Almost every time I went to a different brand, I was looking for hauling capabilities and would never use it, now I will rent a truck if I need to haul and keep my Focus.

A reason to buy American
By Daddio on 07/01/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a Corolla for the Ford Focus and haven't missed the Toyota at all. The quality and finish of the Focus is excellent. Heated leather seats, ABS, moonroof, stereo system and most of all the Sync package which allows USB media to be used blows the competition away. The manual transmission is smooth shifting and fun to drive. With rebates and incentives way below the price of comparable imports. Not worried about quality as this is a well designed and solid vehicle.

focus ses
By hank on 06/14/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought a 2010 Focus SES. Mileage is over 40 mpg on a flat highway, about 36 on hilly highways, about 28 - 30 around town. We like the style especially the moon roof and spoiler. It is more comfortable to drive than the Cobalt and has more back leg room. Trunk space is more than we need. It was delivered in excellent condition. The warranty will cover it for as long as we own it. GM talks about a 100K mile warranty but that is only good if you drive 20K miles/year, which we won't. We are more than satisfied with our new Focus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*