Long Term Review
By RB on
2004 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Today is my SVT's 2nd birthday, so I thought it deserved a review. If I had rated this car when I first got it, it would have scored lower, as this car just grows on you. I am but months from 50, and I find this car just a blast to drive on a daily basis. I have 6 cars (2 Porsches) so that's saying a lot! The "fun-to-drive" level is just off the charts. You can tool around getting great gas mileage, or punch it to the 7200rpm redline for big grins. Just way too fun. And the brakes are world class (I run some Baer and Wilwoods), as is the handling. Reliability has been superb. If you ever get a chance go buy one of these, they are just way too much fun, while remaining totally practical!
Favorite Features
Recaro seats and the diminutive size of the car in traffic, counterbalanced by enough interior room to carry 3 teenage boys and all the groceries home!
Suggested Improvements
Suspension can bottom out pretty easily. The ECU really struggles sometimes is humid weather (reminds me of the Weber carbs on my Porsche), and the OEM ContiSportContacts are really good, but not superb.