1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford in Front
By john on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck in 02 with 55,000 miles, great looking, still get compliments. Runs great, 200,000 mi, only changed one coil pack and 2 alternators. Some cold weather knock as of late but thats been all. Very happy and will stay with Ford, although never had Chevy truck trouble either. 4WD works great, tows good, breaking with trailer less than optimal as rear drum breaks are on this truck.

Good truck
By Dan on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck for cheap a little over 2 years ago, knowing it needed a rear end. I had that done, then the auto trans went out! It seems the previous owner had seriously abused the truck by pulling overweight trailers (10,000+ pounds!) for long distances. Recently, the V6 engine's intake manifold gasket leaked, allowing a cylinder to fill with coolant. When I tried to start it the next time, it hydro-locked and bent the rod. The engine's being rebuilt. This truck has over 260,000 miles on it, and it was abused by the previous owner for many of those miles. Considering what I paid for it, and it's now basically a completely new drivetrain, I feel like I got a decent deal.

Hard truck to kill.
By Hybris on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck overall, it may not have the power or ride of the newer truck but in brute reliability this truck has done me well. Its a truck with a 2v 5.4 so good mileage is not a goal to reach for but I can hit 15 mpg if I baby it. In terms of power it still has lots of get up and go and will easily pull my 7900lb car carrier in the hills of Kansas. On maintenance it can be hard to do somethings like change out plugs because of how tight the engine bay is but otherwise its a good way for a beginning DIY person to learn how to work on a truck. The interior is in my experience indestructible save for the cloth seats which are a wear item anyway. I will never have a truck without Vinyl floors.

Well pleased with it
By Charles on 08/28/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new in late 1999. It has been a great truck. Has 82,000 miles and I replaced the front brake pads at about 70,000 and replaced the drivers electric door lock at around 50,000. Has all the power I need (5.4 engine). Gas mileage is 14-17 mpg. I have owned 2 new Ford, and 4 new Chevy trucks in my life and while I liked both I have to give Ford the edge in quality in these 6 trucks.

Awesome Truck!
By Hayden on 04/26/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My dad bought this f150 on july 20th, 1999. It has 64,100 miles on it, and it is going strong! This truck is now mine, I turned 16 in January, and i'm getting my license on friday. The 5.4l is one of the best engines Ford has built. It hasn't given us that many problems yet. It will be 12 years old in a little less than 3 months, and i plan to drive it until the day i either total it, or it dies on me.

Good truck
By Ralph on 04/18/10 04:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I looked high and low and found my 99 F150 lariat, extended cab, 3 door, 5.4 Triton. I love the design. My truck rund and drives great, Gas mileage not so good for a daily driver. I average 14 Mpg. Lots of power, and pickup. The only thing I have done is regular oil changes, and tire rotation. I did replace the front break pads. It was very easy. If you're looking for a good truck, Ford makes one.

What the Heck?
By Ricky on 02/22/10 08:51 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Took a chance and bought this F150 xlt w/ a 4.2 v6 engine w/ 77500 miles on it. Being a Ford truck, I expected at least 200,000 miles out of it. Only got 115,000 before the engine threw a rod. I babied the truck above and beyond what it was called for. During my three years of ownership, replaced 4 tires, o2 sensor, alternator ($600),belts, 2 sets of sparksplugs. And the worst of all, $2900 for a whole new front suspension. Plus alot of little things that adds up to alot of money. I know when you by a used car or truck, you are going to spend a little money to bring it up to standard. But, come on that much on a Ford truck. I'm very disappoint and looking for a different truck.

BEST TRUCK EVER!
By Chris Bruce on 01/31/10 16:41 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

I loved my f150 xl 2wd. It's reliable as hell, the ride is as smooth as driving a big car, and it is all around awesome. The only thing I didn't like was gas mileage, I was getting about 13 mpg. I wish it had a little more power to it, but it still had enough torque to pull my friends 93 Dodge ram charger with no problem. I love this truck I had to get rid of it because I needed something with better gas mileage but it felt like my girl friend broke up with me when I did. This truck is awesome and I would recommend that everyone should get it if they could afford the v8.

awesome truck
By jb on 12/23/09 19:35 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck now has 290,000 miles on it and I still drive it everyday. I put 285 bfg's on it and I still get about 13 mpg. I have replaced a few coils, but they are cheap and easy to do yourself. I kept thinking it would crap out, but it's still running strong. Ford finally did something right.

Awesome Truck
By BIGDAVEW76 on 10/01/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Bought this truck used in 2006 and it had 50k on it, has over 151k miles on it now and it still runs like it did when I bought it. I drive 65 miles round trip for work 5 days a week and it took it every day. Nothing week about this Ford Truck!!!