Used 2004 Ford Excursion SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Excursion SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

have tolike it
By oldhippy

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I had a suburban before my excursion so i'm used to big suv's. I like the ex. except I taught I would get better fuel economy .I am a big guy 6'4''tall so it;s pretty comfortable,except it seems like the front seate are to narrow for someone as big as me. On an overall scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7+

I like the roominess,and the cargo space even with the second seat in the up position.

I would like to see them eliminate the usless third seat.Make it a option for those who need it. Lower the cost without it.Needs alittle work on the supension for smoother ride.Gas tank should be fewer gals.about 33 might improve gas milage without the additional weight.

Bad Truck
By S. R. Markl

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Stearing Shaft broke in half - crash Brake System replaced 3 times - crash Suspension parts not included unsafe when towing Plenty of cupholders tho

Make steering and brake systems safe

good job
By matt dillon

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

Poor mileage , But biggest most powerful around. turnning radius narrow . only complaints. don't know about realability

I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!
By VBkid13

2004 Ford Excursion SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

My Excursion is my only vehicle and I love it. It's isn't too bulky to drive everyday. I have used my truck to it's maximum capacity in it's many versatile ways - space, towing capacity, 4WD, up- scale passenger room or as a real workhorse. I have never been disppointed. Yes, it is a little pricey but well worth it. No, it is not good on gas but would you expect it to be? It's a V10 with amazing abilities and weighs almost 3 tons. Because of the traction that the Excursion has, I very rarely have to engage the 4WD (and I live in snow country). I haven't had any bad experiences with my Excursion and I would reccommend it to everyone. I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!

Everything! The big size passenger windows, the one ton capacity, the cargo capacity, the way it handles, the way it looks, I just love everything about it.

Continue the production of the Excursion

Great Big Truck
By Jersey Big Dog

2004 Ford Excursion SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.8L 10cyl 4A)

This is an excellent family truck, very capable in the snow and tough driving conditions. Fuel economy is what you'd expect from this large truck (I avg about 12 mpg combined), power is outstanding, and bad weather capability is exceptional. Forget parallel parking.

Very roomy and extremely easy and comfortable to drive for such a large vehicle.