Used 2000 Ford Excursion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Excursion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:

Excursion
By cmario

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Big, spacious hauler with plenty of room for our three kids and two dogs. The Excursion is our main vehicle for our weekly trips to the ski slops in Vermont and there is no better truck on the road to handle the weather we drive in. The diesel gets around 16-18 mpg and stays about the same even when towing a 9,000 lb tractor. I am replacing this truck with an '05 Excursion. I had two Suburbans before this truck, and they did not have the hauling and towing capacity as this truck has.

2000 Excursion / Roomy
By MIKE W

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Vehicle has been very dependable. Plenty of room. Features are great. Better mileage than expected for its size and larger gas engine. If you need a large SUV and realize that it will not provide you with 30 mpg, this is a great vehicle.

Rear passenger heat and cool is great. Heated seats wonderful. Sound system very nice. Back-up alarm is a fantastic feature.

Front alarm system would be nice for tight parking and object notification. Would like a slightly stronger braking system and front suspension system.

Big Boy!!!
By gambroise

2000 Ford Excursion XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle turn heads everywhere you go. Other cars move out the way when they see you coming. You are in control all the time. You just have to remember when you are driving this vehicle that other people lives are in your hands. So you have to be alert at all times, especially when you are on the highways. Trying to find parking with this vehicle is very tough and make sure you make enough money to afford filling up the gas tank every week. Overall I think this is a great car but one has to make sure that this is not their main vehicle because using it everyday would definently put a deep hole in your pockets.

I like the size and the fact that it is very roomy on the inside.

The ride comfort needs to be improve and also the steering control need to be much better than what it is.

NOT TOO big
By dptree

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Drove Broncos for 20 years and needed a reaplacement. Before I bought this, I had nightmares about not fitting into places. After a 105 inch wheelbase, this was huge. I LOVE this vehicle and everything about it. I have the V10/4.30 and it hauls my horse trailer like it's not even there. It's super-stable on the road, great comfort and space for long road trips and my most favorite thing about it is the look of the front end. Although the gas mileage isn't my favorite thing about the Excursion, it's worth it for the look, ride, and the safe feel of LARGE. I wish Ford would continue to make this vehicle.

Back-up beeper, heated seats, V10, clip on the console to keep stuff from flying off, duel temp controls, Did I say how much I love the look of the front end? I can't say enough about the truck!

Deeper cup holders, no other improvements that haven't been made already.

We Survived & It Lived
By Joe&Sheila

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 4dr SUV

All I can say is I bought for safety and it paid off! Previous Montero owner - wife wanted a bigger SUV - so we bought the biggest. We were involved in a multi-car crash on the freeway complete with airbag deployment and NO injuries in our SUV. We trashed everyone elses car - $10K to fix the Big Black Truck - and we won't get anything else! This thing is a tank and rides/runs/looks as good as new - honestly. If you don't have one of these things - don't drive without insurance!!!

Style, Design, Safety, Load Capacity and the Big V10!!!! We travel alot and even though we use all 44 gallons of fuel - there is no place this thing can't get to - and still carry everything we could possibly need with us!

Build More!!