2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Worst Car Ever..
By morgan06 on 06/13/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Please please do not buy this unless you are extremely well off and can afford to replace everything! I have had nothing but problems since I got it 2 years ago. It has 70,000 miles and has had a new timing belt, housing unit, magnetic cam sensor, computer and more that i cannot remember now....and it still is not working. The dodge dealer can't figure it out! Do not buy this car. Spend a little more and get something reliable that works.

I love my Stratus
By Mutt on 02/22/09 21:18 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a metallic black, with brindle interior, SXT and it looks great. I added gold pin stripes and it really sets it off. The 2.4L DOHC 4cyl is a good, reliable engine, however it lacks power when the car is loaded with people and luggage. Especially going up hill with the A/C on. The V6 is a much better idea. My mileage is 22-24 avg. in the city and 30 to 31 hwy. I'm a 6'1" male and find I need a power drivers seat or my head hits the ceiling. After several back and neck surgeries I have problems riding in many cars but the power drivers seat fits me well and w/o the lumbar support it's very comfortable. It has a nice ride, the handling is great as is the visibility.

I've driven better
By whatsuppp23 on 02/18/09 08:06 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For my 17th birthday I got a 2006 Stratus and I can not wait to trade it in. It's slow and the inside is boring. My mom got a 08 VW Passat and it has a V6 and it flies. My Stratus has nothing, no heated seats, no GPS, no sunroof. I would recommend getting a different car if you're looking at this one.

My car
By stephoff on 11/13/08 17:56 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I like this car. I can't say im in love with it, but I have very high expectations. (I'm a Lexus/ BMWgirl) Other than that it is a great car, never have had any major problems ever. The only thing that bothered me was the fact when I wrecked at 45 mph the air bags didn't deploy. But then I am not sure what speed you have to be going for them to. And that everytime you hit your brakes hard the back seats open and everything from your trunk is now in the cab. But other than that it is a good car to get from a to b so I can't complain. I plan on having this car for a long time.

diamond in the rough
By 06stratussxt1 on 10/29/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 sxt with the 2.4 sport package. It performs awesomely. For a four cylinder, slow off the line but great power after 30 mph. To help further my mpg I got a cold air and it jumped my 150 horsepower to a whopping 175. Also I put in a tornado fuel saver and it jumped my hp up to 180. It keeps up with my sisters grand am gt. Great car care equals great performance and reliability. The front and rear sway bar provide great handling. The tight steering responds great. Fuel mileage is great after cold air and tornado, 28 in tow and 35 on the freeway doing 80. The only thing I can say is car care 100%

mystratus
By pugmom on 10/17/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Stratus needs a little more get up and go otherwise I am very pleased with this car.

Happy I found this car
By Patrick on 07/22/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 06 and have been happy ever since. The mileage on the highway is incredible. If I keep the tires correctly inflated and use cruise-control I get over 30 mpg. In town is another story. The mileage plunges. I used to think poorly of Dodge until I owned this. It is very comfortable for me, though it isn't as refined as a more expensive luxury car. But for the price I am willing to overlook some small drawbacks such as cheap dashboard plastic. The interior is ergonomically perfect, not too flashy and not too sparse. Overall this has been perfect for me. One more thing, Dodge made it very easy to perform the maintenance on this car and save money.

New trans!
By NothapywithDODGE on 07/21/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought the Stratus with 34,000 miles on it in 11/07. We traded in a Chrysler 300 that was very unreliable. What a mistake buying a Dodge. The car now has 45,000 and we have to totally replace the transmission! What a joke. I will never buy a Dodge again.

Pure Awesomeness
By Mac on 07/20/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This case has a rear spoiler and is SO sporty looking for a sedan. I am in college and wanted a car that was reliable, roomy, and good on gas. Didn't want a coupe! So sporty, smooth ride, and UNBELIEVABLY cheap. Great car, would suggest!

Fun car
By pacer71 on 07/04/08 17:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really have been enjoying this car. We bought this car as a fixer for our credit, and had a choice between this and a Dodge Neon, no comparison. I am the primary driver for this car and have found that I make excuses to do things just so that I can drive it. It's a blast to drive and seems pretty sporty for a 4 cylinder.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.