Used 2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By Tam

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in july of '06,had to have the front seal replaced in december of'06 at 14,000 miles. Here I am 2 and a half years later at 70,000 miles and have to have the front seal replaced again!!! It was a fairly good car otherwise, but don't waste your money. It will nickel and dime you death.

Really Like !
By Eileen

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently acquired my Dodge as a gift from my children, It is gunmetal grey,which is nice as it appears to change colors, depends on weather conditions,looks nice on the road. Gas mileage is ok but not as good as we had hoped, and I do not put my foot to the metal.Like the way it handles.

Favorite Features

White gauges,easy access to the trunk. Radio and cd player has a very nice sound.great wheels!

Suggested Improvements

SUNROOF!!! I really miss that feature, Tinted windows.cassette player, I pod as well as a cd player. A cd changer would have been nice. cell phone charger,mine has a lighter, but no charger just a place for one to be added

*no*more*chrysler*or*dodge
By Disgusted

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is OK to look at. Nothing special. But I drive high miles for my job so it's more for function. But this car is junk. In 2 years I have replaced all the headlights & taillights twice. When I turn, a warning comes on & the "brake" light comes on. ??? The interior/dash lights flash constantly. AND WHAT'S WITH THE WINDSHIELD?? I've been through probably a dozen sets of wipers & none work. The windshield has spots that none of the wipers touch! And I've had the windshield replaced due to a rock busting the old one. It was replaced with the same Dodge window.& the same thing. Wipers don't touch half of it. It's clearly a design flaw. And a big one.& one of my windows quit for no reason..

Favorite Features

None..

Suggested Improvements

Fix the windshield!!! Fix the electrical system... But mainly the windshield!

Has been a good vehicle for me =)
By Arianna

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2006 Stratus last summer and I'm glad I did. I have had no problems with it yet *knock on wood* and it's been a very enjoyable car. I recently went on a road trip and I didn't even need to fill up the entire way there and back! It's amazing the gas mileage you can get with this car. I definitely don't waste time at the pump aha! The 4 cyl engine is good, but I can see why the V-6 would be better for the size of this vehicle. It didn't handle amazingly well last winter (in NY) but considering I live up on a huge hill, what can you really expect from a car? I can't really complain about it, I've had a good experience with this car, and it makes me want to buy Dodge again.

Favorite Features

Great CD Player/Stereo-- music definitely is loud enough for my tastes, good amount of trunk room for suitcases. Comfortable for me and my friends (then again I'm only 5'3"). Good appearance on the road, I don't feel embarrassed driving this around. Additionally, I feel safe in this car.

My favorite car ever!
By eagle20000899

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hello. I bought this car to be my "family" car and I have been very happy with it. I have already been on some long trips and a lot of city driving and it just does everything for me. I have only had a few problems, but I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Convenient to drive. Good stereo system. Good A/C and heater/defrost. Highway mileage is good and city mileage is adequate.

Suggested Improvements

When I read many other reviews, I found myself much in agreement with many of the others about the mileage and transmission. The transmission can be sluggish when it shifts and for some reason, the fuel mileage in the city versus the highway is not nearly as good.