2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter Cargo model:
Great van
By jason the plumber on 01/06/09 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is the van for a service professional. You do not have to bend over to reach heavy tools and can stand up straight while grabbing parts. The first job I did after getting the van set with shelves and drawers involved removing an 80gallon solar storage tank. I hefted it out of the basement and stood it up straight into the van! What a back-saver. Got 27mpg one time, it averages about 23 all-around. It can carry broken concrete piled up about 3ft high in payload area.

Initially pricey, but worth it
By Glenn on 08/26/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

I live in Littleton, CO and use my van for garage door service and installation. I tow a 3200# trailer with about an additional 1000# payload. My Sprinter does well. Power is consistent even at high elevations, thanks to the fact that it is turbocharged. I did have a problem that took three service visits to correct. The outside temp sensor, located behind the rear license plate was the problem for its poor engine performance. Then they changed the oil with regular oil rather than synthetic at the first service interval. I will switch to a new dealer for service. My fuel mileage is between 18 and 19.5, with 17,000 miles on the odometer. It is really fun to drive.

Sprinter Makes a Great Cargo Van/Truck
By superguitardealer on 04/28/05 01:55 AM (PDT)

This van has a HUGE open cargo space, great features, similar pricing to competition but gets better gas milage and has a larger area to haul goods/machinery! This van has saved us multiple trips by taking it all- we have our solution to our once pain in the neck logistics problem!