2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Not a very good motor
By scrubs on 10/06/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

We have not had very good luck with our 2007 6.7 cummins. We have had a lot of trouble from the particle filter. With my experience with diesels if it doesn't smoke something is wrong. Cannot make this truck smoke. Every 12,000 miles we have to have the particle filters cleaned. They say it is impossible to put a aftermarket chip in it. What you buy is what you get. Hope things level out on repairs.

Gawkers delight
By BLACK BEAUTY on 07/18/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I spec'd this out for my husband after extensive research. We have a small hot shot business and needed a powerful, yet reliable truck to pull goose neck flatbed trailers. The 6.7 L Cummins was the big draw. I did order the truck with some aesthetic touches that made it easy on the eye and set up good for long drives. We had the problem with the emission light coming on frequently, but that is resolved now. Pulls loads up to 9000 lbs without even knowing it is back there, including through the mountains of VA. In LOVE with the truck and it draws gawkers everywhere my husband goes to deliver loads. Other than the fuel mileage, it is AWESOME.

All Business and No Bling
By Matt on 05/21/08 11:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2007 Mega SLT 4x4 Diesel 2500 If you want luxury and comfort this might not be your truck, buy a Chevy LTZ. If you want reliability and performance this is it. I have driven them all numerous times. Ford is ok, Chevy is alright, Toyota is nice and Nissan is downright awful. The new Ford Diesel might be the answer they have been looking for, time will tell. Chevy has the tranny but the diesel is marginal. Toyota and Nissan do not offer a diesel. I will drive this truck for 200,000 miles to break it in and then go for another 400,000 before I start to even think about an engine problem. Towing is a breeze and the engine brake or "Jake Brake" is a huge plus. 6 speed auto tranny is great.

It's not a cab unless it's a MEGA CAB
By The Big Red Truck on 05/08/08 20:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I never owned a truck, but when I came back from Colorado I had to get one. I drove Fords and Chevrolets in Colorado for the company and all were quad cabs and extended cabs. I saw my crew's face after the hour and a half drive and they were not happy, from Meeker CO. to Grand Junction CO. I wouldn't be either! I returned last month with "The Big Red Truck" and I now have a crew of musky, dirty, well worked men who argue to take turns to ride in the cab. The truck drives like a charm. I couldn't see myself in a Ford, Chevy, or some foreign made truck, yet I wonder what would happen if I married my 6.7 Cummins to an Allison Transmission? More POWER?

Great truck
By A true Ram on 05/06/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my dodge {3500} for for nearly a year and love the truck. I had three Chevy's and one GMC prior, the power and performance were no where near comparable. I own a business in the construction industry and average 15 to 20 mpg depending on its use, I have pulled small excavators to loads of gravel and the cummins has pulled like a champ all the way. I have find it great on the highway, but rough very rough on gravel roads. I have had to replace the back window for leakage problems. visibility and maneuverability are ten out of ten compared with any truck I've ever driven.

Lemon!
By Katie on 05/02/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I HATE this truck!! It has been in the shop more than in my driveway. Everything that could go wrong, has. I had a Chevy before, and my husband wanted a Dodge because the 6.7L Cummings diesel is supposed to be the best. I can't wait to get ride of this disaster and buy another Chevy. This truck is a Lemon!!

First and Last Dodge
By Joe on 04/17/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a small business owner and I use the truck to haul a fuel transfer tank and tool box. I am pleased with the power of the Cummins. There is no noticeable loss in whether empty or loaded. My problem is the build quality. This truck is just over one year old an it has been in the shop more than my Chevy that has over 130,000 miles. They have replaced the rear diff. seal, the rear window, the main computer, and now my check engine light is on. All this on a vehicle with less than 32,000 miles. It becomes a hassle trying to run a small business when you cannot use your truck. I should have listened to my wife and bought a CHEVY!!!

Third Dodge Truck
By L. Turner on 04/08/08 08:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My third Dodge truck. Loved each one with not one problem with any of them. Needed a truck to tow 5th wheel over mountains in Colorado and couldn't find any negative reports on Cummins diesel. Had it two weeks only and love it. Drives great and is very quite.

My First Dodge
By Greg100 on 03/28/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the truck to tow a 6,000 lb travel trailer with room to upgrade to something heavier. Our first outing netted 13 mpg at the California mandated 55 mph towing speed limit. It achieves about 22 mpg sans trailer. The driver's door shudders on bumpy roads and is poorly sealed. The transmission shifts down quite hard when coming to a stop. Cruise controls are very awkward. Very rough riding. Love the Cummins 6.7 liter. It has yet to shift down out of 6th gear on cruise control. We now have 1500 miles on it and look forward to thousands more.

The Beast
By Cpt Ron on 02/26/08 18:36 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this truck because I wanted the durability of the Cummins 6.7L diesel. I travel a fair amount and the truck is very comfortable on the road. Fuel mileage has increased as I get closer to 10,000 miles. I average around 20mpg on the highway but down to 14.5 mpg in the city. I haven't had any problems with the truck except for the check engine light coming on and going off about every week or so. This is a big truck so can be a bit tight parkingin a shopping center lot but not unmanageable. Very comfortable on the road and really fun to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.