Nice Truck
By BWP on
2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
I have a 30 minute drive to work with 10 min. in town, 20 min. on 55 mph sparsely traveled rural roads. At 55- 60, I consistently get around 21 mpg with the Hemi running on 4 cylinders. My pure hwy mpg is even better than that. I chose this truck over a Ford mainly because the rural commute would allow me to benefit from the cylinder deactivation function, which the Ford did not have. In town and freeway mileage is what you'd expect from a full sized truck. I tow an 18 1/2 ft boat with no problems. The TRX4 off-road suspension is a bit stiff on road when light loaded, but I'm overall very happy with it. It's excellent off- road. This is my 1st Dodge truck. No regrets.
Favorite Features
Hemi's mileage when utilizing 4 cylinders, power when I need it, looks, off-road and towing capability, drivability, easy oil filter access
Suggested Improvements
Spruce up plain interior, change cloth seats that stain easily, beef up fog light brackets (1 is broken, the other is cracked), put the steering wheel audio controls back on, seat belt bolt cover on passenger seat gets hit when passengers debark (mine is now missing).