2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: A Man's Truck

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

A Man's Truck
By Sam on

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first truck I've bought, and although my family farm has always had Dodge's, this one is easily my favorite. We have a 2500 Cummins and my brother in law has a 3500 cummins, and we've had nothing but good reliability and fantastic performance with them. My 1500 fits right in, and with its powerful 5.7 L Hemi can tow really whatever I need it to. I commute to college with it, and although it's fun to drive and looks great, it's not a commuter vehicle. Mileage is around 17 mpg total, not bad, but I hardly touch the pedal. Interior is fresh, clean, nicely done IMO, unlike Ford's whose interior is boring. Overall a great truck, if you need it! Otherwise, a great toy....

Hemi, Red color, satellite radio, 20" tires (not replacing the stock Goodyear though) Hemi. Did I mention Hemi? I want to make that clear, the Hemi is fantastic. p.s. the 2009 Hemi, 380 hp, 405 ft-lb torque...

It's a Hemi so the fuel mileage is awful, but oh well..beef up the sound system a little. more aggressive exhaust. nothing that any aftermarket mods can't fix, overall fantastic