2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Magnum model:
And They Quit Making Them
By pmedic on 02/23/08 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have throughly enjoyed this car. I added a K&N FIPK and Magnaflow mufflers and have been completely satisfied. I can't believe that Dodge quit making them. I'm trying to find a 2008. Wake up Dodge, no wonder you are having problems. MPG is not bad, I can get 26 MPG if I keep my foot out of it. It has a good carrying capacity and also looks good. They have no other vehicle that can compete on this level. If I can't get a 2008 I only know that my next vehicle will not be a Dodge. Get one if you can an enjoy both worlds.

Worth A look Great balance if you need..
By Wayne on 01/23/08 07:25 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

A family vehicle but want something with some go. Have had my R/T for three years now (35k miles). This is the first 4 door car I have ever owned (traded in a 04 GTO on this one). Very quiet and comfortable drive with a ton of room. She definately will move out although the Magnum is a heavy car and dont expect cornering like a Vette or pure sports car. Gas mileage really depends on your foot. I typically get about 21 mpg (75% highway 25% around town). Only issues with the car Ive had which many have already noted: 1) Small tranny leak at 15k miles (was O-ring replaced by dealer and no further issues) 2) The OEM tires (Conti's) didnt last long and really stunk in rain/bad weather.

It's a HEMI
By got hemi? on 01/08/08 14:09 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have 52,000 miles on my Magnum RT. It's an awsome car. Great exterior design, and the Hemi is a plus. I had a tranny leak 8 months ago. It was a seal...the dealership replaced it at no charge. The thermostat was replaced 3 months ago. Other than those 2 discrepancies, I really enjoy driving my Magnum. It is a little slipery to drive in the rain, I think that is typical of any RWD. I plan on keeping my Magnum for a long time...unless I can find another car that is as comfortable and looks just as cool.

Stay Away!
By Unhappy Tom on 01/06/08 09:21 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car just over 2 years & already Ive gone through 2 inner tie- rods, 2 rack & pinion, & 3 sets of front brake rotors (warping...although they say it's not a common problem). The CD player & sunroof (doesn't open) stopped working 3000 miles ago & now the transmission is slipping! Some of this was covered under warranty but much of it has occurred just after the warranty ended. While the trans is still covered, the CD player/navigation system isn't ($2300). This is a fun car to drive when it's working! I never bought a Dodge before and will never again. Be forewarned!

Feel The Power
By DRWIX on 12/14/07 11:35 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my R/T Magnum new after driving the 300 and Charger I liked the magnum the best as far as handling. There is nothing I do not like about this car other than they are not making it after 2008. Shame on you Dodge, you never really advertised this car much as it was that was your fault, all things considered it sold well to begin with. Personally I think you should have redesigned it to offer a third seat, watch how it would sell then Dodge Brothers. I would buy another and I just may try an 08.

Unacceptable Powertrain!!!!
By Unsatified Owner on 11/05/07 19:24 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 rebuilds and a new transmission replacement; I brought it back to the dealership last week to confirm that my NEW transmission still shakes. They not only confirmed it, but told me Chrysler has to engineer a fix for my transmission. The service manager told me he will call me in thirty days for an update. WHAT THE! SO, I'M SUPPOSED TO KEEP DRIVING THIS THING! After a year of ownership and 16,000 miles; I've had a series of MAJOR mechanical problems with the engine, suspension, and now the transmission. You think this car is a LEMON?!! Chrysler doesnÂ’t even know what is wrong with my transmission! My average fuel economy is around 10 mpg! That's right 10! This sucks!

Love it
By Caryl on 10/17/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my Hemi. Although I have had a couple of issues...tie rods, navigation, and windows/sunroof electrical problems. But no car is perfect, especially when it's a new model. I am sure the list of complaints will be taken care of. Considering the size of the car I cannot complain about the gas mileage- I think it does well for her size and power. We took it to Florida and we were very comfy and it did great on gas. The ultimate "Mom" car that Dad loves to drive to take advantage of the get up and go. Mom is guilty of that too. It's a very roomy, family car that is really sharp looking. I swore I would never own a wagon. Congrats to Dodge for creating the cool and fun family vehicle.

Great Car. Tag your're it for problems!
By magnumagogo on 10/11/07 15:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First of all I love my car. It seems like I was chosen by Dodge to be the guinea pig for the problems that don't happen to anyone else. Tires lasted just over 22k. Was told I overinflated them, but must've been dealership because I am never one to do it yourself. Tranny went out at 30k (it's a Mercedes tranny too!) & it took forever to fix! Then the temp gauge went out (can't remember why, but they had never seen the problem in all of the magnums they had seen in the shop), window went out, key fob died, still have a popping noise when I make sharp left turns, but never can be heard when in the shop.

Love my Magnum
By kevin on 10/07/07 12:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon SE Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, I really love driving my Magnum! The 3.5 gets the mileage I was looking for, and the fun as well. The air blows cold and the fun runs hot! I'm really enjoying my ride. Have fun out there! See you on the road.

Overall
By Clifford Seal on 09/19/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Magnum Wagon RT Rwd 4dr Wagon (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like the overall car it is great it drives more like a sports car than a family car. The inside is great all the gauges or well placed the controls and easy to reach. The room inside is just great i like to be able to shift the gears myself. all the safety features or great. I guess you could say i like ever thing about the car.