Used 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Grand-caravan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

it's but better than the newer
By Brian

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

I have had fewer issues with this 14 year old van than I had with my 4 year old van. In my opinion although not perfect they are a good BEATER van as long as they were maintained properly when new. I have 2 more of these vans plus another one in my family as well. as long as you get a 3.3 w/o abs or rear climate control you have a reliable van for as long as the transmission is maintained PROPERLY. Most people do not use the correct fluids in the transmission so it fails. I am lucky in that all of mine have good engines and transmissions plus these vans are cheap to buy. Just don't get a 3.0 powered one.

Favorite Features

full set of gauges, plus fuel mileage meter/ compass/ temp gauge. also dirt cheap to buy and fix

Suggested Improvements

who the heck is going to improve a 15 year old van?

Bad Van
By lmollstl

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

This van was given to us by my father-in-law when it was 12 years old with 71,000 miles. It had been well maintained and always garaged. I first noticed that the power rear windows only worked some time, the rear windshield wiper motor was out and the electric liftgate opener did not work. In the year we owned it the water pump, drivers side window motor, and the front wiper motor had to be replaced. Then the track on the sliding side door door broke and the side window latch came apart. When the transmission went out at 82,000 miles the van went to the junk yard. I should have known because I had the same experiences with the 96 Caravan I bought new.

Favorite Features

Nothing

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler should put more effort into vehicle quality to retain customers. I won't buy from them again.

Experiences With A Caravan
By Dana Murphy

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

I'd wanted a Caravan since 1988 when I first drove cross-country from California to Connecticut. Fourteen years later I had my car. It has been very good to me for five years. In the past few months however, the interior lighting system has gone awry, the transmission slips badly when starting up in the morning, the headlights have become dim due to discoloration of the lenses, but it is still a good riding car, with 203,000 miles on the odometer. I'm looking now for a newer model because I've heard from friends and relatives that they've continued with Dodge through the years.

Favorite Features

Seating and cargo space, multi-speed windshield wipers, keyless entry, fuel mileage

Suggested Improvements

Improved headlights and lenses, tighter turning radius

From our view point
By Mickey

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan LE 3dr Minivan

We were the only owners of this vehicle and never had any trouble with it. Other than normal wear-and-tear repair/maintenance work we did not need to have any major work done on it. A truly great van for the family that took us 207,000 miles. We loved it so much that we bought a new one to replace it!

Favorite Features

Very comfortable ride that put you up high enough to see traffic around you giving you plenty of time to react.

Suggested Improvements

All the improvements that I would have suggested seem to have been put into the newer models.

My Caravan
By Only Me

1995 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 3dr Minivan

Overall great vehicle. Could have done better with the transmission, and the paint shouldn't peel off in whole sheets. If you are willing to recondition the transmission and repaint after 5 years, it's worth keeping.

Favorite Features

I love the fact that this van drives like a car. It seems to hug the road, and the drive is really comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The only two improvements that I think should be made are better paint and/or primer to prevent the paint from coming off, and a much better designed/built transmission.