1993 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:
Son's First Car
By CA on 11/29/09 13:33 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

We got this off a neighbor for $200.00 and initially I thought I got a lemon. There was an electrical quirk, but my mechanic fixed it. Since it sat, it needed a few things, and the previous owner didn't have the right person work on it, so about $2500. later, the car runs great. Not too bad for a first car with NO CAR PAYMENT! I have a 1990 Daytona and I was never a sedan person, but I find myself loving this car. I was told that the 4 cyl. was very rare in this model. It has the exact same engine as my Daytona does. I told my son if he ever decides to get a new car, I want it back.

Stupid Dodge Dynasty
By pamel44 on 09/08/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I bought my Dodge at a car lot used with 56,000 miles. Here it is 3 months later and with only 61,000 miles the transmission is out. I would not recommend this car........serious! Don't buy one!!!!

Have owned two Dynasty's.
By LDM on 03/08/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

My first, a 91 Dynasty with 3.3L engine, caused me no problems at all for the three year I had it except that the belt would squeak. Hit a deer with 210,000 miles and totaled it. Second one, a 93 Dynasty, however has had a few problems. Like mentioned before, in cold weather the doors don't want to close. I had to remove the stiff grease from inside the door mechanisms and replace it with a graphite lubricate to fix. It also has the 3.3L engine and the belt squeaks on it too. Have tried 3 different belts. Fuel economy not what it should be. The 91 got about 25mpg, the 93 about 16mpg. Same engine .. still trying to figure it out.

Lasted 8 Years - bought in 2000 - 2008
By Chrysler Dynasty km on 05/31/08 18:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

Routine repairs & good commuter car. (Don't let this scare you I had this car a long time) Rusted on hood and roof after 5 years owned. Wish it had lumbar support, my knees were higher than my hips causing an occasional stiff hip (I'm under 30 years old). With a lumbar pillow not bad. It had good pickup before the transmission started slipping the last year owned. Lasted on a few road trips without problems, but a week later the car usually made me pay. The tires would wear quickly and went thru 4 batteries. I've seen plenty of these cars around town so they must be pretty affordable and somewhat reliable. Towards the end of its life it had to be jumped if sat longer than 3 days

Reliable Car, Easy Upkeep
By professor442 on 10/12/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used, knowing that the transmission need special attention. Since I work on my own car, changing the transmmission fluid frequently has been easy and has paid off. An excellent car, extremely undervalued, and drives smooth with a very comfortable and roomy interior (for its size, it's no Deville!).

My Car
By Deborah on 12/07/05 22:39 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed onwing my Dodge Dynasty. It has given me many years of pleasures, and very low maintance. I have driven it across country twice and not one bit of trouble.