Used 1992 Dodge Dynasty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Dynasty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dynasty model:

Strong as an Ox at 125,000 miles
By Moonshadow

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I've had my old Dynasty for 2 year and before then my grandma bought it new. The car has been a great vehicle for both of us. We did have to replace the original Transmision(which is the achillies heal of these otherwise solid cars) and it was with a better designed more up to date tranny.All thats been done since then was some basic mantinance, a o2 sensor, and a cold air intake. The car is quite powerful with great gas mileage(even without the upgraded air intake) and runs like a dream and looks great after a good car wash. Not a bad car to have , even for a 23 year old.

Strong V6 engine, rides great, reliable, well tuned speaker housings that made even the factory system sound great. Great road trip machine even at its curret age

the front end looks nice but the rear of the car looks UGLY! The paint is a little thin.

Great automobile
By Gromit

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Dynasty for two years now, and I am very happy with it. It's got 150k miles on it now, and still running fine. Nice and comfortable, plush and relaxing. I am also fairly tall, so I like the spacious cabin. I need to replace some front end bushings, and one hydrualic valve lifter has become a bit noisy, so it's probably due for a replacement. Nothing strange though, when a car has passed 150k miles. I keep up service intervals and oil changes, and I expect to take this car at least over 200k, hopefully more.

Nice traditional styling. Large cabin. Fairly large trunk. Soft and comfortable seats. Wonderful highway cruiser.

Rides somewhat roughly over bumps. A folding rear seat would be a blessing and a half! The trunk is big, but doesn't accomodate long items.

The Dynasty that wasn't
By REO

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

The car was purchased after we had sold a Neon that we had won. The Dynasty was ours for under 2 years. We changed the transmission once and ditched the car after it went bad for the second time. The belt and everything else in the engine was changed. The car had overly soft seats, as well as an overly suspension.

Hmmm....it was a car, and it did run for a while...

...Everything!!! Chrysler needed to know how to build a transmission in the early to mid nineties.

Best Car Ever Owned
By Ken S

1992 Dodge Dynasty LE 4dr Sedan

I can honstly say my 92 has been the best car I have owned, and I have owned many vehicles of different makes. It now has 193,000 miles on it with no major problems. The 3.3L engine delivers excellent performance and mileage for my daily commute. Other than tires, brakes, filters and tuneups the engine or transmission has never been tuched except for service. I have always changed oil every 3,000 miles and trans service every 30,000 miles. Most of the transmission problems associated with this particular vehicle appear to be from improper fluids, owner neglect, or a small problem ignored until it is disastorous. Cars need service no matter what it is.

I really like the interior. It is really plush, well laid out where everything is in easy reach or viewing for the driver. The instrumentation for the car is extremely well illuminated at night and is easy to see.

I feel the paint could have used a little more care. It seems to be a little on the thin side, but that may be the same for most newer cars.

Granny car gone wild
By Moparfreak

1992 Dodge Dynasty 4dr Sedan

This car looks like crap. So darn ugly. But, I have to admit, the thing ran not too bad. it had the "beefy" 3.3 in it. It served its purpose. It was ok, BUT, the tranny went out at 115,000. And this is not a freak deal. My father-in- law has had 4 of these, and the tranny went out in every one of them. Most were with more miles on it than this one. And none were '92's, but the same deal with all of them.

None

BODY STYLE!!!!!! WOW, THIS THING PUTS GRANNY TO SHAME WHEN SHE'S DRIVIN IT. (I'm 27)