2002 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
The great suv
By thomas krumpter on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Other then the lousy gas milage this is the finest vehicle that I have owned

Grrrrreat
By DodgeFan on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge Durango is grrreat!!! I think everyone with a big family should have one!The Dodge Durango is a great SUV!!!

Looks nice, but don't tow with it!
By sburkett on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lots of interior room, even the third row seats are usable by adults. Interior quality is good, not flashy, but everything you need is right at hand and functional. Seemed like the perfect balance of size, seating capacity and towing capabilities. But two trips out with our 6000 pound trailer, and both resulted in a blown out rear end. Chrysler will only fix broken parts, refuses to look into cause, so we'll probably be on rear end number three next week. Truck has 3000 miles on it and is currently stranded 200 miles from home.

Love my Durango
By paul171 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a 2002 Durango. I took it on a 2000 mile road trip this weekend and the Durango performed flawlessly. It is not as bad on gas as I thought it would be and it is the most comfortable SUV on the market. The V8 is excellent and the interior room is fabulous

Best deal
By Raytec on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my boring 99 Expedition (4.6 L) for a black SXT with the 4.7. The Durango almost feels like a race car!!! This SUV is much more fun to drive and way more practical. The size is just perfect and the looks are very inspiring.

Actually a 1998
By R Hewitt on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I actually own a 1998 SLT with a 5.2 engine. I have 46000 and am thinking of trading it in on a new Durango. It has plenty of room, rides nice on and off road and I have had very few problems.

Great SUV
By orca on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The truck is a solid 10. It has a great ride and you feel like you are in a lux truck with lots of room. highly recommended

dodge still with transmission problems
By ace on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

transmission will spend more time on the floor of the shop than in the vehicle

durango
By herd90 on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2nd Durango....love it! Great to drive on the highway and in the city.

Great SUV
By SPG on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Durango is an oustanding vehicle for the money. Great styling, excellent for the New England Weather. Very comfortable. Fuel economy is less then perfect. No problems since purchase. I am very happy with my purchase.