2012 Dodge Charger Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Charger model:
Multiple Displacement System Ruins the Car!!
By steve521 on 11/20/13 06:13 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my 2012 Charger R/T Max for 17 months and sold it. The 4-6-8 cylinder system fights with the transmission in traffic. It's constantly trying to drop back to 4 cyl mode which cuts your low end torque in half, makes it downshift, then the other cylinders kick in while the engine races. It's totally confused! Build quality is great except, drivers seat power actuator moved jerkily and had to be replaced. Had radio replaced once and then rear channel failed again. Started smelling antifreeze inside the car at 25,000 miles, needs new heater core. Clunk in rear end when shifting gears in stop and go traffic. Over engineered and under built!!!

Interior lights wont shut off automatically
By 2012blkcharger on 11/27/12 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lately when I crank my car all of the interior door lights in both the front and back will remain on. Ive checked to make sure that all doors are shut tight. Ive also checked to ensure that the roll light button control wasn't accidentally turned on. To make matters worse the only way that i can turn off the interior door lights is to individually press each light to switch them off. So literally I have to pull over and get out of my car and walk to the rear seats and passenger seats to press the light fixtures to off. Ive owned many vehicles in my 29 years and have never experienced such a problem. Any suggestions?

Beware buy Charger RT used not new!!!
By 2012blkcharger on 10/09/12 22:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased my brand new 2012 Dodge Charger in march 2012 . So far in less than 6 months Ive put on over 19k miles. This car has very strong acceleration, and is truly a head turner especially with the 20 chrome wheels. Some concerns that i have with the car is that after a long hard highway drive this car has a very strong exhaust gas fume which enters the car. Ive taken it to the dealer twice and they cant seem to pinpoint the problem. Ive owned 11 new cars in my 30 yr lifetime, and have never experienced this type of chemical odor. This issue seems to be random and seems to happen more when the temperature reaches over 70 degrees outdoors. Has anyone else had this same issue?

The best car that you are over looking...
By themightyinf on 09/22/12 21:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First things first... I have never owned anything other than V8's. I kinda feel than anything less is... unamerican. So, for my first big family four door, I had two real choices. Ford Taurus or Dodge Charger R/T...and they dont make V8 Taurus(siii?) So Dodge is was the winner. The vehicle is very well appointed, great sound system (Beats By Dre), and its not too shabby on the eyes. I wish I could read the minds on the BMW and Merc owners that pull up next to me... Not the typical look and feel of the Dodge of 10 years ago, or even two years ago for that matter. I dont have enough characters remaining to list the standard items on this car... Just Great!!!

Dodge Has Turned it Around!
By jjski78 on 09/06/12 12:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my 2012 Charger R/T for 9 months/16000 miles. Prior to buying this I drove nothing but imports. This car is INCREDIBLE! It handles great, is super comfortable, has gobs of power, and is one solidly built machine. Even with the 5.7 Hemi I can get a consistent 30MPG on the highway and around 24MPG around town. The interior is very nicely appointed using mostly high quality materials throughout. If you told me 4 years ago I would be driving a Dodge I would have laughed in your face, but now I can't see myself driving anything else besides maybe a Ram or a Chrysler.

Great car!
By tgassett on 07/27/12 19:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been looking at the Charger for over a year. I looked at alot of cars but I kept coming back to the Charger. The way it drives, looks, handles, and the features you get for the money make it hard to beat. I have only had my R/T for 2 weeks so far so good. My Samsung phone is not compatible with UConnect but that isn't the cars fault. It is quiet, powerful, comfortable, gets relatively good mileage, and looks great. And boy does it get the looks. This is a keeper.

Impressive in All Areas
By russl57 on 05/05/12 14:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had stayed away from Chrysler products for years even though I grew up with them and owned many classic Mopar Muscle Cars. The 2011 Charger redesign caught my attention and I ended up buying a 2012 Charger RT with the Road and Track package in Black. I ordered mine from the factory with Navigation, Super track Package and the new Beats Stereo options. With rebate, dealer discount and supplier discount the total cost without tax was $31,400. That is a lot of car for the money. I have had a lot of fast cars and while I would not say the car is super fast I would say it has plenty of power. Most impressive is the handling and interior quality. I would highly recommend this vehicle to others.

Not your grandfather's Dodge!
By 2_skoops on 04/23/12 12:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was in the market for the Charger SRT8. I had arranged a test drive of an SRT8 at a local dealer only to find out that someone had put a deposit on it. The sales person told me that he had an idea … “How about an R/T with the Road and Track package”. Well, I was there anyway so … OK. First are the looks. In the Road & Track trim the grill is flat black w/ the heritage R/T badge in red. The rims are 20” retro chrome fitted with 245/45-20 Goodyear F1 Super Car tires. Inside there is an 8.4 inch infotainment system. It integrates with the iPod/Phone through the Bluetooth or USB interface. The usual GPS, Sirius, CD/MP3, AM/FM that you would expect from a full sized sedan. 10 Alpine speakers, w/ Sub powered by a 550 watt amp. The ride is very quiet and smooth.

2012 Charger RT Road and Track Pack - Awesome Car!!
By chrisgray33 on 03/22/12 11:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had been viewing this car since it's release last year. While on a business trip I rented the base model charger and was blown away. First I am 6,9 and was driving a yukon xl denali because of the space. I had room to spare in the charger and plenty of headroom without the sunroof. Went to my local dealership after looking at the options online and test drove a few RT's . Fell in love with the hemi V8. Ordered my RT Road and Track in Black with the 20 inch chromes and Super Track Pack. Left out navigation and sunroof. This car is FAST, handles great, plenty of space, and reasonable fuel economy. I would encourage anybody in the market for a sedan to test drive the charge

2012 Charger RT Road and Track
By luther1517 on 03/16/12 03:42 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Charger Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in 1st quarter of 2012. The V-8 was my original choice but decided to go for V-6 for better value and gas mileage. The V-6 was awesome; it had plenty of acceleration and with K&N filter mpg were 37plus and mid 20's. However, I was forced to change it due to raw power feel of V-8 and was just bored with 8 speed transmission with no shifting options. Make shure you buy what you wan't! You will be forced to take a hit due to depreciation of vehicle return or stay with car choice. I just kept having that regret. The Hemi is a monster. Awesome acceleration and mpg on highway are low 30's with 50 to 70 mph and on stop and go is killer at 12. Car is a head turner!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Charger Sedan in VA is:

$158 per month*