Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Challenger

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Sold C5 Corvette for this Car!
By dando1

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had ALOT of cars.. 55 Chevys including a Nomad. GTO, Trans Ams, Etc... I sold the Corvette to buy this car.(Actually looking for a 300 srt8. The corvette was so uncomfortable, and noisy and a hard ride I felt like I was beat up after riding in it for a few hundred miles. I also had a 70 Challenger. The 70 in no way can compare to the new version. This car is so darn comfortable. NO WIND NOISE, or barely any road noise at all. It soaks up road imperfections so nicely. I have read about how the camaro this and how the mustang that. I don't care. First I don't race my cars. Second, there is no way they can have this type of a ride. The heavy car feel is something I love.

Favorite Features

Cannot get the heavy car ride in a light tinny car. The seats are heated and wrap you up. I love the lighted door handles and the lighted cup holder. Mercedes designed this chassis and it is top shelf. The car has lots of 1970 carry overs. The lines and the rear backup light in the center, fuel cap, and side markers.. This car is heads up over the corvette.Sure the vette handled better and was quicker. But the corvette is soon forgotten when riding in this smooth riding quiet cabin. More comfort than my Cadillac STS!..Chrysler has the best customer service I have ever seen. They have helped with items on my Cummins even out of Warranty!!! Like to see Camaro or Ford do that.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest chrome wheel well moldings. a real flip up fuel car. Id like to see the dash lit like the 1970 dash. They were front lit.. it was cool...Id like to see Cragar SS type rally wheels. But other than that this car is a home run... No wonder Chrysler sales have increased.... Keep it up ....

Great car, bought new, currently at 58k miles
By noboringcars

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community. Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status. I've only had 2 issues with the car: 1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty. 2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes. All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, performance with the V8, interior comfort, ride, performance, fuel economy (18-20 mpg with a V8/auto), reliability. Aftermarket support is a plus, interchangeable parts with the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials can be improved, and most likely will be with the 2015 redesign. Offer more interior colors beyond black and red. Lighting in the rear seat can be improved. Build quality can be improved at the factory to increase paint quality and panel gaps, as well as more robust plastic parts.

Update from Joe from Amarillo
By slyandvi

2010 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After almost two years I still enjoy driving this car. I have aded many little things to make it my own. like new whiskers with S/E and Sequential lights, chrome the inside

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the body styling and my gadgets.

Suggested Improvements

larger engine and choice of colors inside

2010 Dodge Challenger SE
By fusion42694

2010 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While the Challenger is fun to drive, it wares out easily. The plastic on the inside is cheaply made, as it is with other Dodge cars. The engine power is great though, and the seats are comfortable. It does not have the handling and pep of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, but that is probably due to its larger size. Mine has your basic features, and it is noticed as much as the more expensive ones. If you want an all american muscle car and like american cars, this is the one for you.

Favorite Features

The quickness of the engine, and the fact that you dont always feel like you are driving a huge car. Also the back seat is not as small as the Mustang, Camaro, or Genesis.

Suggested Improvements

The plastics in the car are cheap and get dirty easily,

2010 Furious Fuchsia R/T
By twindavid

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was time to face facts. My middle aged body could not keep up with the timeless lines of my 440 Barracuda. It was hot to the extreme, uncomfortable, and cornered worse than my Suburban. Fuchsia...The perfect color! Unusual and as hot as it gets. Aside from the exterior pallet, the interior was the perfect compliment of white leather, fuchsia stitching, and led lighting bliss. This car is what a true muscle car should be. Obnoxiously beautiful! The performance of the car was true to the Edmunds' review, fast yet comfortable to the extreme. The Canadian plant that built her absolutely botched the paint. Actual drips under the door mirror, and dry haze along some seams. (?)

Favorite Features

Slapstick shifter, a true joy to drive. Monster brake calipers, and the ear candy that only the Hemi can produce. The car is a dead on tribute to the 70's offerings.

Suggested Improvements

In this day and age, I was shocked how bad the paint application on the Challenger (Fuchsia) really is. I wonder if it was systemic, or limited to the small run of this unusual color? We alumni who bought the Fuchsia, paid a premium to get it. Too Bad, it is reminiscent of the quality applied by Earl Sheib of yesteryear!