Used 2011 Dodge Caliber Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Caliber - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

I love my car so much it's probably unhealthy
By bakergirl9

2011 Dodge Caliber Express 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 63 miles on it in December 2011. I love the orange color, how it looks like a transformer, and how the dash is set up. For what it is it is a great little car. I live in Colorado and have taken my little Caliber up Jeep trails without issue, so long as I have the clearance I have had no trouble. The manual transmission is really nice and makes it fun to drive. I love driving my car and it does decent in the snow. I have the most basic model you can get and it is comfortable on long trips. This is a fun little car but it is that, a little car. It is not a high performance sports car but it is fun to drive and has been totally reliable.

Edmunds asked me to update this. I have had my car since I drove her out of the showroom in 2011. It's now Feb. 2016 and I have only ever done routine maintenance on this car. I got almost 64,000 miles on the original spark plugs. I have driven her from Colorado to New England and all over New England. She handles snow, crappy roads (oh boy are the roads in RI crappy), and everything else like a pro. I love this car still. My only complaint is that the dash is large enough that she isn't comfortable for my very tall (6' 3") boyfriend. The gas mileage could be a little better for the size but I'd take her heft in the snow over gas mileage any day.

Very average car
By challenger9

2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a relatively new 2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet for $12,900 it had only 600 miles.
I am relatively happy with ownig this car.
However,
I found that this car to be very slow, the 4cyl, 158 hp engine with the CVT transmisson is very weak.
The engine lacks power for changing lanes and going up hills it makes long distance driving very difficult.
Extremely poor gas mileage about 20- 24 mpg. Cheap interior and uncomfortable seats.
Positive things are exterior styling and interior room.

I would never buy this car at retail at $21,000.
Howeve, if you can find one at a discounted price I would buy it.
They are good commuter cars for providing basic transportation

Exterior styling is very nice it looks better than most hatchbacks. Good amount of interior head and leg room. I am over 6 feet tall and I have no problems getting in and out of this vehicle. It has a nice amount of interior and cargo space for small car. If you can get a new one for about $13,000 you will have a car with a good amount of extras like automatic transmission, a nice music system, electric windows, etc.

The powertrain (the 2.0l 4cyl engine and CVT transmission) leaves alot to be desired. The car is very slow about 8.2 s 0-60 time. Because of the weakness of the engine, the car slows down going up any kind of elevation of the road. When driving at highway speeds the car wants to slow down, you have to constantly keep your foot on the accelerator just to keep the car moving along with traffic. The engine and transmission is loud and you hear the loud moaning of the engine/transmission constantly while driving. The interior seats are uncomfortable for long distance driving.

Dodge forgot about quality
By usspecialist

2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car was purchased in February 2011 and 3 month into owning the vehicle i notice rust, paint chips, and the rear window started getting a weird diamond pattern. Also, the car started to run rough.

31mpg Appearance

Make the care feel a little more expensive and a better pain job.