Don't Know Why Edmunds Hates the Avenger
By JGoldy on
2010 Dodge Avenger SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
OK. For reasons still not completely understood by me, Edmunds hates my car (08 SXT). I would just like to point out, to any prospective buyers, what this car entails. Put against its competitors (Altima, Accord, Camry, etc.) the Avenger clearly beats all others on the appearance front. Also, the Avenger has a better speaker system (I know from personal experience). The engine is mid pack, putting out 178 hp and with a ~10 second 0-60. Also, from personal experience, I KNOW that the cabin is also bigger and more comfy than competitors. I have no clue why this car get so much flack. I guess it's because it looks like a Charger and is expected to act like it.
Favorite Features
Huge back seat, great speakers, aggressive stance/appearance, comfy seats
Suggested Improvements
As I said, it looks like a Charger and is expected to act like one, so a standard 3.5, or maybe a 2.0 turbo would be nice.
By moparmtn
on 12/21/10 13:17 PM (PST)

I too have wondered over the years why every magazine and car test just seem to hate Chrysler, Dodge products in general. I have owned many of these cars since the 60's and have over 2 million miles of very little problems. All of my friends and family that have these cars also like them. All of my cars have provided me with 175000+ miles and a 1967 Valiant with 347,000 (origional engine) which was still running when I gave it away. They keep harping on my Caravans which have given me good service but yet on the camping boards seems to be a better choice then Toyota and Honda..... My Dodge cars are quieter, smoother running, and are less grinding then any of the families foreign cars.... go figure.... anyway I am currently looking at a Avenger....