1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
1998 Chrysler Sebring (Limited)
By chrysler777 on 09/29/11 13:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

This Sebring is the first generation sebring and in my opinion the best! It is an affordable convertible that is not boring to look at or drive by any means. It has a refined transmission with plenty of power but pretty good mpg. If you are in the market for a convertible consider this one.

Just bought and LOVING it!!!
By takes2tutango on 03/17/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

So, I have only owned my Sebring for 3 days now and I really don't have a lot to base reliability on as of yet but, I can say I am thrilled with this car more every time I open the door, start the engine and head out on the open road. I looked at numerous BMW's prior but, none came close to the comfort and features for the money. I needed something that my two kids could fit in as well and they thought every BMW we test drove felt too cramped. Now, I am not in any way saying that BMW isn't a great car but, for the money I am LOVING this Sebring. I will keep you informed as to whether I still love it in six months and then a year too. Right now she's got 123,000 miles and looks brand new.

Fun and Reliable
By oldschooldevil on 06/07/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this car as a second car and I ended up falling in love with this car. It looks, drives, and feels very modern for a 12 year old car. There are some things that are starting to fail (radio, door locks what do you expect with a 12 year old car?) Other than that the engine runs great and the car over all is very solid and reliable. When this car finally gives out I'm considering buying a new Sebring cause this one is so solid. But for now I will continue to take care of this car and I'm sure that it will continue to be the best car I have ever had!

Fun and Comfortable
By oldschooldevil on 05/26/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car about a year ago and it has been a great car. I bought it from a guy and he sold it for $800. NOTHING is wrong (surprise, surprise) It is a lot of fun to drive and it looks great even with the top up or down. This car is very dependable and it has even made me think about getting a new Sebring when this one finally gives out. And that I highly doubt! For a 12 year old car, it is highly modern inside and out. I love the stock sound system and the way it drives. I will continue to take good car of it and I'm sure it will take good care of me. Greatest investment yet.

Great First Car for Teens!
By Kaylee on 05/02/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

My dad bought me this car as my first, and it's been great. I've learned a lot about cars by owning it, with the typical breaks here and there (Such as coolant plugs going out, probably due to un-adult driving before me. The window motor broke, and was fairly easy to replace with my dads help.) The car has really has taken a beating, and still remains reliable and loyal. Even when I got into a fender bender, the car still ran wonderfully, and didn't have any mechanical damage when hit on the drivers front fender at 20MPH. The parts were easy to find. It's a fun, fairly safe car, and great for a first car.

JXI Limited Convt
By SparkDog74 on 05/11/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought the Limited model with the indiglo style dash, white faced gauges, and autostick. Love the car, gets attention you want and none that you don't. Two toned interior 2.5 is peppy not powerful. Chrome wheels are a nice touch, but expect the tires to be a little spendy. Just bought and putting it through its paces. Infinity sound systems is good, wish cd changer would read cd/rw formats. Looking for interior parts, I imagine they will be hard to find.

goodtimes with the top down
By sean on 11/19/05 01:27 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

i bought this car used with 58,000 miles. i have the limited edition with the 2 tone leather. it's been a blast to drive and it looks great ! had to put in a new ac unit last month for $1000.00 , but hey, it's seven years old and sill looks brand new. i would buy another.

Granny's new ragtop
By Jennie Robbins on 08/05/05 00:41 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

For a seven yr old car it has plenty of get up and go. People notice it. I bought it on line, and drove it home (1,000 miles) with no problems. It is smooth shifting and has plenty of power for this 60 yr old grandmother. I prefer it to my vintage corvette.

Worst Car that you could ever imagine
By ashok.manthina on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

This is the worst Car that you could ever imagine to own. I have only 68k on this car now, and maybe spent more than $4k in repairs. And don't ever buy any car at LITHIA COLORADO JEEP 505 S HAVANA ST DENVER CO 80012 Chrysler dealer in Denver. He lied through his teeth about the warranty that he sold me.

Excellent
By Seth on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

This car performs exceptionally well all around. I was in an accident where I was hit in the side by a large truck, and I was plesantly (HA HA) surprised by how well it with stood the impact.