Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

1998 Chrysler Sebring (Limited)
By chrysler777

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

This Sebring is the first generation sebring and in my opinion the best! It is an affordable convertible that is not boring to look at or drive by any means. It has a refined transmission with plenty of power but pretty good mpg. If you are in the market for a convertible consider this one.

6-disc changer, leather seats, infinity sound, simple top to operate, stylish gage cluster, rims, and engine.

The seals around windows, way to stabilize windows so they dont shake as much when the top is down, a heavier duty heater

Just bought and LOVING it!!!
By takes2tutango

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

So, I have only owned my Sebring for 3 days now and I really don't have a lot to base reliability on as of yet but, I can say I am thrilled with this car more every time I open the door, start the engine and head out on the open road. I looked at numerous BMW's prior but, none came close to the comfort and features for the money. I needed something that my two kids could fit in as well and they thought every BMW we test drove felt too cramped. Now, I am not in any way saying that BMW isn't a great car but, for the money I am LOVING this Sebring. I will keep you informed as to whether I still love it in six months and then a year too. Right now she's got 123,000 miles and looks brand new.

Stereo is AWESOME and I am getting better than 28 mpg when staying below 75 on the freeway. Plus the gold exterior on tan leather interior looks like a wonderful glass of bubbly. :)

Fun and Reliable
By oldschooldevil

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this car as a second car and I ended up falling in love with this car. It looks, drives, and feels very modern for a 12 year old car. There are some things that are starting to fail (radio, door locks what do you expect with a 12 year old car?) Other than that the engine runs great and the car over all is very solid and reliable. When this car finally gives out I'm considering buying a new Sebring cause this one is so solid. But for now I will continue to take care of this car and I'm sure that it will continue to be the best car I have ever had!

Stereo system, Power everything, everything but cup holders

Cup holders in a really bad spot, transmission a little grabby

Fun and Comfortable
By oldschooldevil

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car about a year ago and it has been a great car. I bought it from a guy and he sold it for $800. NOTHING is wrong (surprise, surprise) It is a lot of fun to drive and it looks great even with the top up or down. This car is very dependable and it has even made me think about getting a new Sebring when this one finally gives out. And that I highly doubt! For a 12 year old car, it is highly modern inside and out. I love the stock sound system and the way it drives. I will continue to take good car of it and I'm sure it will take good care of me. Greatest investment yet.

Sound system and looks of the car.

Turning radius!

Great First Car for Teens!
By Kaylee

1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXi 2dr Convertible

My dad bought me this car as my first, and it's been great. I've learned a lot about cars by owning it, with the typical breaks here and there (Such as coolant plugs going out, probably due to un-adult driving before me. The window motor broke, and was fairly easy to replace with my dads help.) The car has really has taken a beating, and still remains reliable and loyal. Even when I got into a fender bender, the car still ran wonderfully, and didn't have any mechanical damage when hit on the drivers front fender at 20MPH. The parts were easy to find. It's a fun, fairly safe car, and great for a first car.

Electric convertible top, the "get up and go" when accelerating onto the highway, very comfortable bucket seats, sleek, long design. Infinity sound is wonderful, even with the top down.

Only two cup holders, and can't hold american-sized drinks unless they're small, sometimes medium. Really low in the front, have to go slower in dips, gas mileage could be better. Takes awhile to heat in the winter, and air conditioner not made for Texas summers.