Used 1999 Chrysler Cirrus Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chrysler Cirrus - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chrysler Cirrus

LXi 2.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Best first car ever- That Boy
By Jawon

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

When i first got the car last summer 2015, it blew my mind, it had 174,000 miles on it and now it has 185,000 on march 1, 2016 and through that time period the car astonished me. I live in buffalo, NY (GO BILLS) and you must know the snow is horrible but thanks to the front wheel drive and it's powerful torque and 2.5 liter engine V6. (LXI version) it hammered the snow without any issue, this car is the real MVP of Chrysler, the homemade american car really has done a great job in taking me back in forth to whatever, or wherever i need to be. i still haven't put to much money into, i probably spent 2000 into the car including gas, oil changes, regular maintenance (tire rotation, air filter etc.) and I including the car accident i caused myself(mind you i'm still a new driver.) overall this car truly deserves a award for its strong life and its persistent ability to keep on starting everyday i i turn my key. this is truly my Ferrari ;).

Dependable
By ernie28

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2003 with 86,000 miles and drove it to 204,000 very little repairs. I traded it on a 2015 200C and it was still running strong. The best car I have ever owned.

Style, Roominess, Dependability

Amazing car
By coreyjames

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

Got this as my first car. Bought from my uncle who babied it everywhere and kept it maintained. It had 130k when i bought it just over a year ago year ago. Now has 155k and still counting. Replaced struts and ball joints at 140k which is a fairly common repair. One blower motor resistor. Being a 17 year old country boy, i knew my way around a car. I BEAT this car to no end. I chirp the tires about 5 days a week every week. Ive topped it at about 115, feels scary as any sedan should! Ive left massive burnouts and clouds of smoke behind me. My car has been up to the doors in mud. Been thru a foot of water. Jumped a few RR tracks...doesnt skip a beat! Quick acceleration, great handling. LOVE IT

Durability, handling, power, comfort

Optional 5 spd, Locking diff, AWD

Amazing
By 7hefury

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I got the cirrus as my first car. It is simply amazing, I love the power it has and it looks great. The car has had barely any problems, usually cheap fixes and it has minor rust issues. I got it with about 75000 on it and now its at 80k. I'm planning on keeping this car til it won't run any more.

The amazing power it has and the design. Can definitely tell it from other cars.

Add some more horsepower.

1999 Chrysler cirrus
By rikkia

1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXi 4dr Sedan

I worked all summer to get a car and the 99 Chrysler cirrus was the one i bought. It has been the most reliable car anyone in my family has owned. i get between 25-30 MPG, and i have a slight oil and transmission leak but its no big deal right now. the Cirrus has wonderful handling, and it is definitely built for short people .

The handling and the audio are my favorite features.

the only improvement i could think of is making it harder to speed. i have a lead foot and i sometimes find myself going about 90 MPH