2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Worst Vehicle I Ever Owned
By David Binder on 04/24/09 05:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The stabilitrack light comes on and the dealers can not find a problem. The vehicle once would not move when that light came on. We finally used Onstar to capture the error code but the dealerships we took it to could not identify the problem. The windows are slow to go up and are noisy.

wish i could drive it
By david mcdermott on 03/22/09 23:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

well so far ive had my trailblazer almost a month and ive gotten to drive it for two weeks of it. only 500 miles on it and already in shop 3 times for check engine light comming on. first couple times they thought it may be a gas cap, now its been in shop for several days for same thing however now its because a bad sensor that they had to pull gas tank to get to. hopefully that fixes it, thank god for 36,000 mile warranty, after its over come talk to me if you want a 08 trailblazer for cheap as is. anyway, i like my rental car

Way better then I expected
By Canyons on 03/15/09 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We were looking at a Yukon or a Tahoe but for the price you just can't beat this. I was a little hesitant at first to buy this but I quickly changed my mind. The drive is super smooth (better then some cars) there is room in the back for my 6'3 husband and enough room for our two large Labradors in the back. With a new baby on the way we should have plenty of room for everyone :)

The Comfort of a Luxury Vehicle
By Sailingsoon on 03/02/09 18:49 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle new for $18K when GM was offering great rebates- what a bargain! In 2003 we purchased a TB for my daughter and were impressed by the ride and ease of parking and handling. The reliability of her TB was OK, but not stellar. In 90,000 miles she had to have the fan clutch replaced, a passenger side power window replaced at her cost and had some initial warranty problems with door seals and taillights. I read where GM later changed the type of fan clutch and solved that problem.

No room it the back
By Kaye on 02/25/09 08:43 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has always been a dream vehicle until we bought it. The vehicle is very comfortable except the backseat which is very uncomfortable and no room. There is no extras it is only basic inside.

Not sure I want another Chevrolet
By cottonqueen on 02/24/09 12:26 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a 2002 TrailBlazer, decided to get a new one. Boy was that a mistake. I loved it for the first 2 1/2 months. Then the stabilization light came on, got it fixed then check engine light came on. The nightmare begins, took in 12/27/08 and as of this date 2/24/09 I still have not gotten it fixed. They cannot get a torque converter. They say that is my problem. If they cannot get that part, what is to say they can get any other part that breaks! I am begining to hate Chevy. Paying for something, I cannot drive!

An Excellent Affordable SUV!
By Kansas Sunflower on 02/08/09 19:15 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Since buying this vehicle I have driven it in town, on highways, in mud, in sand, in snow, and some on ice. Much of the driving has been a combination of city and highway, but it has been on one trip of about 2000 miles. The performance has been great and the overall mileage has been better than I expected. Most city driving yields about 15-16mpg and most highway driving has yielded 19-20 mpg. However, during the 2000 mile trip the TrailBlazer (6 cylinder) got 23 mpg at times with an overall average of 21 mpg for the trp. This is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and to ride as a passenger. It has not given me any problems so far.

Love my TrailBlazer!
By New chevyowner on 01/06/09 11:36 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After being a 25 year Ford customer and having a dismal experience with my last Explorer, I decided to make the switch to a Chevy. Wow what a difference, I should have done it years ago. The TrailBlazer is as beautiful as the Explorer, with a much smoother ride. I can't feel every little crack in the road like with the Explorer, the transmission is superb with none of the problems I experienced from day one with the horrible Explorer transmission (so far, I haven't had it long). Chevy offers the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which tells me that they put alot of confidence in their product.

TrailBlazer Redux
By richgimmel on 01/04/09 05:14 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second TrailBlazer. My first was an '06 that I gave up without a single problem after 70,000 miles. GM was discounting the new '08 models so heavily I had to buy one. This is a very well-built vehicle. Naturally, GM decided to shut down the plant that makes them.

Much better than it's reviews
By Locust on 12/22/08 15:12 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer is a plain vanilla SUV, but get in and see what you get for thousands less than those that get the great reviews. It has some great features, phone, directions & emergency. A very nice ride, Bose speakers, buttery soft leather, 2 zone temp control & deep tinted windows. And a lot of room, I'm a big guy at 265 & I'm not squished in , the seats are large & firm with plenty of headroom.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.