2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Sort Reviews by

best i ever had .
By Victorvall

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

this was bought in 2002 and driven until a horrendous car accident in 2010 no one was hurt due to the safety of this car but it was totaled , i guess the tree wasnt to forgiving neither was the rain , best car ever though on the lookout for another one .

Favorite Features

power everything , power of the engine , looks

Suggested Improvements

less mushy brakes

`02 Trailblazer
By dixonfam

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle for the design and ride. Lots of room, heavy towing capacity, lots of cargo room. The ride is smooth. The sound system is not the best in the world, but hey, it beats riding in silence!

Favorite Features

The interior room and space to haul and leg room

Suggested Improvements

I HATE THE GAS MILEAGE!! I was so used to my Malibu getting 25-26, and now this one only gets 15 city, 19 hwy. It takes some getting used to having a drop in fuel economy. But it is a big motor!

'02 Chevrolet Trail Blazer
By Danno

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

From the beginning until present, this vehicle has been super. I have had no problems with it to this date. Outside of regular service, the only expense has been new tires at 45,000 miles and a new battery at 35,000. Ride has been like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room. Excellent on trips over 50 miles. Acceleration when you need it is there. Today with gas near $4 I wish it had better mileage but it more than makes up for it with its spacious interior, ride, and visibility.

Favorite Features

Exterior style. Comfortable seats. Visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but that is a dream.

I love it!
By Rick

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I knocked out the factory muffler and replaced it with a Dynomax and eliminated the rear resonator. I also replace air filter with a K&N. My truck has the feel of a sports car and the fuel economy of a smaller truck. I average 19.5 MPG and it has 85K miles on it. The only items replaced on it have been the O2 sensor, serpentine belt, four tires and headlight relay. I have maintained it according to OEM requirements. I considered many SUV's before purchasing this truck and comparing others I still can't find a better truck for the money after 5 years. I still have the original brakes!

Favorite Features

The engine power and reliability, interior comfort and overall cargo capacity.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belts on front seats should have been placed on column not seat.

Okay for the Money
By Not Again

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first Chevy I have owned and for the first few months it was great. I had to take it in for several recalls (3x) and about 6 times for rear brake lights. I have spent about $2000 in repairs for misc items. The CD player is now having problems switching between radio and cd player on its own. Now the computer is going out. I guess for the money it is okay, but would suggest only keeping it for a few years and then trading it in for something else.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, lots of room, good interior for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine performance, brake lights need to be fixed, paint is poor quality, too many problems and visits to the shop. Needs to be more reliable.

I Love My TrailBlazer
By Linda

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my vehicle for 4 years now and still love driving it. It is very comfortable for short and long distance driving. The only mechanical problem was the left tailight had to be replaced, under warranty, and the tires only lasted 32,000 miles. The paint looks the sames as when I bought it. Still has a great shine to it. The gas mileage is OK, expected for the type of vehicle it is. So if you want a vehicle that handles well, gives you the power when you need it, and comfort, this is great!

Favorite Features

Comfort, dual climate control, great ride,

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Better tires on the new vehicles that last longer,

Gilbert
By Gilbert

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Completely frustrated with this vehicle, been to the dealership countless times with repairs and totally frustrated with the fuel mileage. Having been a long time GM customer for me has come to an end. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is not surprising that GM is losing market share in North America, I know I will not buy another GM

Favorite Features

I do like the ride and handling but that is it!!!

Suggested Improvements

Needs tremendous improvement in fuel economy and there needs to be a definite improvement in General Motors quality or they won't last. product. Time to try a Toyota.

My Chevy Trailblazer
By Elaine Wade

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very pleased with the overall performance of my Trailblazer. It is very comfortable for long and short driving periods, with adjustments for a drivers height and back comfort preferences. Despite the reviews about poor performances on handling on curves, I have found my Trailblazer to be very smooth on curves which I usually take at above average speeds. I have enjoyed it so much, as have my children, that my daughter purchased a 2006 Trailblazer also. This is one of the best midsize SUVs on the road without the need for the Lexus or Cadillac prestige price tags and logos. I can drive it off road, which I do, wash it and go to church or to a social function in style.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, midsize capacity, storage facilities, cleancut and functional features on the dash that don't require special instructions to use, functional use for many chores from work to social events. I love the size-I'm slightly higher than cars on the road but don't have to use a running board.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be improved. I love the vehicle and would purchase another without qualms, but the gas mileage sure does need to be improved. More color selections would be a good idea also.

2002 Trailblazer
By ALB

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 10/2004 - GM certified - vehicle has been to the garage at least 5 times since then - 2 or three times because it seems to lose power when coming to a stop - transmission coolant lines have had to be replaced - over 2 days worth of labor - vehicle in garage for over a week - when going up a hill, I wonder if I am going to have to get out and push - seems to be geared too high - power substantially reduced if air conditioner is on - gas mileage leaves something to be desired - transmission shifts roughly sometimes - however, I really have enjoyed the room and the actual driving - drives really well - quite a bit like a car

Favorite Features

Good sense of safety - rear air conditioning - lots of cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Change shift points - transmission just doesn't FEEL reliable - doesn't perform consistently

Why did I buy this car?
By Elaine

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my Trailblazer I was excited because I had a new SUV. But that feeling was short lived. After 3.5 years driving this car I am tired of the wind noise, the rough ride, the body roll, the seat belts, and the poorly designed seats. I have also had a number of mechanical problems with my SUV and at least 7 recalls. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants good gas mileage or a comfortable ride. It does have alot of cargo capasity which has come in handy with large loads. It can also easily haul a horse trailer.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity. Stereo system. Defrost modes

Suggested Improvements

Less wind noise A better seat belt better seats tighter body