2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
best i ever had .
By Victorvall on 03/07/10 11:53 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

this was bought in 2002 and driven until a horrendous car accident in 2010 no one was hurt due to the safety of this car but it was totaled , i guess the tree wasnt to forgiving neither was the rain , best car ever though on the lookout for another one .

`02 Trailblazer
By dixonfam on 04/09/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle for the design and ride. Lots of room, heavy towing capacity, lots of cargo room. The ride is smooth. The sound system is not the best in the world, but hey, it beats riding in silence!

'02 Chevrolet Trail Blazer
By Danno on 05/23/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

From the beginning until present, this vehicle has been super. I have had no problems with it to this date. Outside of regular service, the only expense has been new tires at 45,000 miles and a new battery at 35,000. Ride has been like sitting in a comfortable chair in my living room. Excellent on trips over 50 miles. Acceleration when you need it is there. Today with gas near $4 I wish it had better mileage but it more than makes up for it with its spacious interior, ride, and visibility.

I love it!
By Rick on 06/27/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I knocked out the factory muffler and replaced it with a Dynomax and eliminated the rear resonator. I also replace air filter with a K&N. My truck has the feel of a sports car and the fuel economy of a smaller truck. I average 19.5 MPG and it has 85K miles on it. The only items replaced on it have been the O2 sensor, serpentine belt, four tires and headlight relay. I have maintained it according to OEM requirements. I considered many SUV's before purchasing this truck and comparing others I still can't find a better truck for the money after 5 years. I still have the original brakes!

Okay for the Money
By Not Again on 06/02/07 18:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first Chevy I have owned and for the first few months it was great. I had to take it in for several recalls (3x) and about 6 times for rear brake lights. I have spent about $2000 in repairs for misc items. The CD player is now having problems switching between radio and cd player on its own. Now the computer is going out. I guess for the money it is okay, but would suggest only keeping it for a few years and then trading it in for something else.

I Love My TrailBlazer
By Linda on 09/12/06 16:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my vehicle for 4 years now and still love driving it. It is very comfortable for short and long distance driving. The only mechanical problem was the left tailight had to be replaced, under warranty, and the tires only lasted 32,000 miles. The paint looks the sames as when I bought it. Still has a great shine to it. The gas mileage is OK, expected for the type of vehicle it is. So if you want a vehicle that handles well, gives you the power when you need it, and comfort, this is great!

Gilbert
By Gilbert on 12/23/05 09:40 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Completely frustrated with this vehicle, been to the dealership countless times with repairs and totally frustrated with the fuel mileage. Having been a long time GM customer for me has come to an end. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. It is not surprising that GM is losing market share in North America, I know I will not buy another GM

My Chevy Trailblazer
By Elaine Wade on 12/05/05 10:47 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very pleased with the overall performance of my Trailblazer. It is very comfortable for long and short driving periods, with adjustments for a drivers height and back comfort preferences. Despite the reviews about poor performances on handling on curves, I have found my Trailblazer to be very smooth on curves which I usually take at above average speeds. I have enjoyed it so much, as have my children, that my daughter purchased a 2006 Trailblazer also. This is one of the best midsize SUVs on the road without the need for the Lexus or Cadillac prestige price tags and logos. I can drive it off road, which I do, wash it and go to church or to a social function in style.

2002 Trailblazer
By ALB on 08/22/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 10/2004 - GM certified - vehicle has been to the garage at least 5 times since then - 2 or three times because it seems to lose power when coming to a stop - transmission coolant lines have had to be replaced - over 2 days worth of labor - vehicle in garage for over a week - when going up a hill, I wonder if I am going to have to get out and push - seems to be geared too high - power substantially reduced if air conditioner is on - gas mileage leaves something to be desired - transmission shifts roughly sometimes - however, I really have enjoyed the room and the actual driving - drives really well - quite a bit like a car

Why did I buy this car?
By Elaine on 01/04/05 18:41 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my Trailblazer I was excited because I had a new SUV. But that feeling was short lived. After 3.5 years driving this car I am tired of the wind noise, the rough ride, the body roll, the seat belts, and the poorly designed seats. I have also had a number of mechanical problems with my SUV and at least 7 recalls. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants good gas mileage or a comfortable ride. It does have alot of cargo capasity which has come in handy with large loads. It can also easily haul a horse trailer.

1 2 3 4 5 next »