Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

My review on the car I own
By Charles terrell

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This car ,2002 Chevy trailblazer, is a great used suv. It has decent gas usage, it's relatable ,but don't get it stuck .

Not worth the money
By Shirley

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only good about the trailblazer was the space I had the third row seat for the kids !!! Bought it with only 16,000 miles and had some problems soon as we paid it off the tranny went at only 58,000 miles didn't fix it got rid of it end of story!!!!!

Awesome Vehicle that saved my life
By nettzspot@yahoo.com

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had I been driving my Pontiac I would be dead. The accident was really bad and is costing a lot to fix my trail blazer, but I would now and will always trust my Chevy SUV.

GUESS WE'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S DUMPING GM / CHEVY
By dyer33704

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents have been GM/Chevy people ever since I can remember. I think their first was a 1962 Impala Station Wagon. Anyway, I was with them when they purchased their Trailblazer. What [non-permissible content removed]! All the same issues as everyone else has been stating. Stalling at lights & pulling into and out of the driveway and intermittent rough idle and high rapid idle for no reason at at 32,000 miles. 40,000 miles brought about incorrect inside/outside temperature readings & inability use climate control which was supposedly unrepairable. Seatbelts that don't release & just keep getting tighter and tighter ever since purchase and they can't seem to repair it or didn't want to.

NONE!!!!!!

RECALL RECALL RECALL Best improvement would be to BUY A FORD EDGE!

Best SUV I've ever owned!!!
By metalbourne

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had around 28 cars and suv's and this one is my favorite (the only one that comes close was my 2002 Tahoe LT). I purchased my TB with 72,000 miles on it 3 years ago and now have 115,000 on it and have only done normal things (tune up, tires, brakes, fluids, belts, lights). The only major thing that I had to do was the flex plate on the transmission was cracked.
My TB is used every day for work and I do a lot of city driving and it turns better then most sub-compact cars do and can fit in most if not all parking garages in Philly, New York, Washington DC, and so on. The ride is great, the truck is easy to work on and tows my pop up with ease couldn't be happier with this pack-mule.

Tight Turning radius, easy to park in tight spots, easy to see out of, plenty of storage and leg room in both rows, easy no nonsense gadgets for cheap parts and huge availablity.

I AM buying another used TB or any of the sister suv's of the GM BOF midsize GMT360 SUV's when this TB dies (completely). I do wish the interior was a little more "High-end" esp. the dash, but that's what the Saab 9-7x and Buick Rainier are for. So if I wasn't using this as a work truck I would purchase one of those for daily drivers. I wish they had made it with Over Drive for towing. The only downsize is really the fuel mileage, it gets about the same mileage as my 5.3 V8 Tahoe did (14-18mpg) so I kind of wish they just made all of them with the 5.3 or made a better fuel efficent V6 or I6.