Used 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

GUESS WE'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE'S DUMPING GM / CHEVY
By dyer33704

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents have been GM/Chevy people ever since I can remember. I think their first was a 1962 Impala Station Wagon. Anyway, I was with them when they purchased their Trailblazer. What [non-permissible content removed]! All the same issues as everyone else has been stating. Stalling at lights & pulling into and out of the driveway and intermittent rough idle and high rapid idle for no reason at at 32,000 miles. 40,000 miles brought about incorrect inside/outside temperature readings & inability use climate control which was supposedly unrepairable. Seatbelts that don't release & just keep getting tighter and tighter ever since purchase and they can't seem to repair it or didn't want to.

Favorite Features

NONE!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

RECALL RECALL RECALL Best improvement would be to BUY A FORD EDGE!

Best SUV I've ever owned!!!
By metalbourne

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had around 28 cars and suv's and this one is my favorite (the only one that comes close was my 2002 Tahoe LT). I purchased my TB with 72,000 miles on it 3 years ago and now have 115,000 on it and have only done normal things (tune up, tires, brakes, fluids, belts, lights). The only major thing that I had to do was the flex plate on the transmission was cracked. My TB is used every day for work and I do a lot of city driving and it turns better then most sub-compact cars do and can fit in most if not all parking garages in Philly, New York, Washington DC, and so on. The ride is great, the truck is easy to work on and tows my pop up with ease couldn't be happier with this pack-mule.

Favorite Features

Tight Turning radius, easy to park in tight spots, easy to see out of, plenty of storage and leg room in both rows, easy no nonsense gadgets for cheap parts and huge availablity.

Suggested Improvements

I AM buying another used TB or any of the sister suv's of the GM BOF midsize GMT360 SUV's when this TB dies (completely). I do wish the interior was a little more "High-end" esp. the dash, but that's what the Saab 9-7x and Buick Rainier are for. So if I wasn't using this as a work truck I would purchase one of those for daily drivers. I wish they had made it with Over Drive for towing. The only downsize is really the fuel mileage, it gets about the same mileage as my 5.3 V8 Tahoe did (14-18mpg) so I kind of wish they just made all of them with the 5.3 or made a better fuel efficent V6 or I6.

Still Love It!
By kakki007

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased in late 2002 as used vehicle with low miles. Now have 111,600 miles, and no major problems other than fan clutch which was covered by warranty. Just replaced compressor at $1040 after it froze up. Replaced battery twice, tires once, and tail light twice. Use the 4WD when it rains, and feel much more secure. Really love the smooth ride, radio and power. Only complaint is mileage 12.5 city/20 mpg highway which is good for vehicle this size/about 18 mpg when using 4WD on highway. Would recommend to anyone.

Favorite Features

Size, smooth ride, radio and power. Still nice looking at 11 years old.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, power driver seat, and telescoping steering wheel in all vehicles.

Best Car i've ever had
By miwemiwe

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TB in 2004 and it had 80k miles, was a rebuilt and now in 2012 it has 160k miles. Awesome car, barely brakes down other than ussual battery and tire replacelement. The only thing i notices that's begining to break down is the window power but to do date it's been awesome car with fog lights still working.

Favorite Features

Power, Roomy, Nice boss sound

Suggested Improvements

Better steering Radio chips easily

Just like me, love it or hate it
By slick81

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TB, i bought it n 04. I now have over 230,000 miles on her. Over the last 3 yrs I have put 2 transissions in her , fuel pump, 2 alt., a starter, new battery, several sets of tires. I have put alot of money into her, however she now acts like she is going to cut off when i stop or take off. the rpm's either rev up to 2000+ or they drop down to like 400-. I have had the throttle body cleaned and a tune up, but she is still acting up. however, even w/ all of the problems ive had, i still cant seem to trade her in yet. I always say, ill rock her till her wheels fall off, however, im pretty sure they fell off and i just put new ones back on

Favorite Features

I love how roomy it is. It is only my dgt and myself, however we travel alot. My dgt is always comfortable. The seatbelts cut your neck or armpit, but i guess they all do. i have lost alot of bottons everywhere randomly. honestly, after 10yrs, and all my travel, she is wearing down and fallin apart quick. But in all these yrs she has never left me stranded on the road. maybe the driveway however....

Suggested Improvements

If anyone knows why my rpm's r acting crazy and can help me get it fixed, please let me know.