Used 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great vehicle
By rgomes

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I drove this vehicle for a little less then a year. I bought it with 26k miles and traded it in with 60k. I couldn't have been happier with the truck. It got reasonable gas mileage for its size and was very reliable. I never had a single issue with it. The stock tires were still good when I traded it in and probably had another 10k miles left. I towed a 5k lb boat/trailer with ease. Buy one!!

First Tahoe - Honest thoughts...
By jeffmward

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I was a Ford guy growing up. I owned three total fullsize pickups and SUVs over the past 20 years. All three left me on the side of the road. Then I had three different small-midsize European cars (Volvo, Mercedes, Audi). I liked each of them but I was ready to get back into a taller vehicle and I needed something to tow my Jeep & trailer. I bought the Tahoe new in last August. I am completely satisfied with it. I get a combined hwy/city 19-20 MPG on average. Not too bad for such a large vehicle. I was able to get in on a deal with $6k cash back total incentives. My purchase price less TT&L was $32,500. Sure it's an LS but it still has terrific bells and whistles for a base model!

Favorite Features

I'm a fan of the fuel economy considering the weight, horsepower, and competition. The Bluetooth is really handy and I use this all the time. The iPod usb interface in the center console is genius. The darn thing is super comfortable. The interior and exterior quality seem to be very high. Has plenty of giddy-up when you need it and tows very well. Oil changes and tire rotations are $40 or less at the dealership! This is very nice coming from a European import.

Suggested Improvements

The base model stereo speakers sound a little weak. No biggie cause I'm not a teenager any more. It would be nice to have HomeLink (garage door opener) with the base model. Nothing else I can think of... Great vehicle... very happy!

Best Tahoe ever!
By frankm58

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After a short test drive we were sold! so we sold our 2005 Tahoe (older body style) for a new one, after owning our older one for 6 years with no problems, we (Wife and myself) decided it was time for a new one since our 2005 was so reliable. We noticed how much quieter and smoother the ride was one the 2011 and noticeable 45 hp increase for better towing. Although the 2011 offers only 3 MPG HWY better we still got our money's worth and filling the empty space in our garage with a small SUV compared to a full size Tahoe with all its features was well worth the sacrifice especially since we drive it locally anyway. In this price range, there is nothing compared to the Tahoe!

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and interior along with the increase HP increase. The LS model is the way to go if you don't want the convenience package of the TTZ, but we would rarely need the rear camera and GPS, etc, we were selective and just added the features we use most. The Tahoe has the best styling of all the SUV's in it's class and timeless body style.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing! We went with the 22" chrome wheels for individual styling, that's about it.

Fantastic SUV
By llauck

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my best SUV that I have ever owned. I have owned a Suburban and two Explorers. My wife said that it is the most comfortable seat and ride she has been in, much better than the Explorers. It just handles much better. And I enjoy sitting higher too. I do think the internal front door components rattle too much when the music is playing, which I will have fixed. The gas mileage is what it is-16-21 mpg. The extras are nice options.

Favorite Features

Ride, seats, radio options, Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Strenghten internal door components from rattling.

Could not be happier!
By daddybear1

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After getting rid of my Silverado and downsizing to a Malibu, I realized that I just was not a car driver. So after looking at all of the large SUV's I drove the Tahoe. I knew immediately it was what I always should have had (I wanted one when I bought the Silverado bought talked myself out of it because of incentives). Anyways, I could not be happier with this SUV. The comfort is amazing, have never found the 'right' driving position until know. I feel completely safe taking my family on a road trip. My MPG is actually better than it was on my truck, I am averaging 16 in mostly LA driving. Dealers are wonderful and actually act like they want your business.

Favorite Features

Rearview camera, auto tilt and folding side mirrors, Onstar, 20" wheels, 2nd row captains chairs with power folding option

Suggested Improvements

I gave it 4 stars for performance only because somethimes when you hit uneven road it gets a little jittery. They HAVE to do something with the 3rd row folding seats...