Used 1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Superior SUV
By T5258

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased to replace a rusty 90 Bronco...what an improvement!! It'll take 3 people, their dog & a weeks worth of luggage with room to spare (ask me how I know). With just under 200k, it runs, stops & shifts like new. I guess 60 years of refinement will go a long way...I've owned the aforementioned Bronco and an 87 Grand Wagoneer, the Suburban combines the best features of both in one SUV!!16-18 mpg with the 5.7 V8 is great in my book, plus a ridiculously well-appointed interior AND go-anywhere 4WD?? Make mine Chevy please!!!

Interior space, 4WD capability, overall versatility,

How can the best be improved??

Rust issue only
By Cashmere

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This SUV is amazingly strong and reliable. I bought it with a 100k on it and it now has 149k. The 350 does not leak or burn any oil at all. The transmission is tight as a drum. Problems only with rust. Rust underneath, rust in the body panels. Shame. I don't know where it was in its prior life but whatever it was it caused a lot of rusting problems. I have repaired most of the underside rust and now am going about replacing the body panels. Used parts are plentiful and cheap. Love this monster. Had it in for an oil change during the last snow storm and the service station placed it out front waiting for me to pick up and 6 people tried to buy it. Goes in the snow like there is none.

This is the base model, no carpet now power windows and no problems. I works hard and plays hard.

Make body panels easier to replace. These SUVs have long service lives. Doors and fenders should be more easily replaceable. But I have seen worse.

Built solid
By Plainfield Mom

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car, we are a family of 7, my truck hauls everyone and everything I need to carry, I bought it 2years ago and the paint is fantastic in black, still shinning and beautiful, my interior has all the originall parts, I did buy it from its only owner. With 150,000 miles on her, she now has 167k miles. He was a contractor, I've only had to replace the front brakes and the wiper. I love the way it handles, the power, the smooth ride. We got 11" of snow last winter, the 4 wheel drive got me in and out of my space without shoveling. I have 3 teenage boys who love it so much they want one. We love our suburban

Size, removable 3rd seat, lots of storage compartments in front of cab, great view of every angle, pwr mirrors, the great side storage of both jack and spare, under hood lights engenius oh and the rear compartment tie-downs, and ash trays clear to the 3rd seat! Great speakers, hand holds for the elderly

gas mileage,and would be nice if back seat doors swung a little wider to assist the elderly in the back.

Great SUV!!!!!
By Adam

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased the Suburban to replace my 90 Bronco...the Burban is a superior vehicle in ALL regards. The space, power, tow capacity & comfort rival all contemporary competitors. 16 mpg during highway trips, handling that belies it's bulk make the Suburban a valued addition to my fleet, as well as having ROOOM to spare!!!

Build quality, ride, overall comfort

none

OLD FAITHFUL
By alfonso ortiz

1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Suburbans are great, if i could afford another one i would jump on it. I have driven my truck from Texas to Cali several times. i have done a paper route to over the road driving, to hauling couches on top, and sheetrock inside, all with no major problems. Chevy makes a cheap intake manifold gasket. i finally had to replace. and now my shift solenoid is out. in 2009 great 5.7L power. cowboy conversion package was worth it.

looks, versatility, power, all the extras. great room for all my kids and great vacation vehicle to haul all our stuff.

i wish it had better gas mileage. new ones do i bet. 42gal tank cost alot to fill. bigger wheels and tires.