1994 Suburban 2 wheel
By aloanagain on
1994 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV
I bought the car in 1999 with 49,000 miles on it. Now in 2009 it has 170,000. It is the best car. It is so reliable and strong. I have hauled everything over the years and if it does not fit in the back then it goes on top: from a 14 foot Christmas tree to 15 foot metal cattle panels to stoves, dishwashers, dining room furniture in the boxes etc. The engine leaks not a drop of oil, I can't believe it. But radiator fluid leaks on the top of the engine but I lived with that for 70,000 miles. It is such a good car. Now I have teenagers driving it a few miles to school and college. I am looking at the cash for clunkers program and the added Texas program. Hum...keep up with the Jones or not...
Favorite Features
Cargo space, roof space for hauling, solid feel when driving, versatility, engine is flawless, transmission was replaced under warranty at 36K but now at 170K is perfect.
Suggested Improvements
It is old, worth only $2500 and a 15 year old model. What can you do today to improve it? OK, miles per gallon is low. Interior will wear out after 15 years.