Used 1992 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

I love my like new '92
By Travis

1992 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I found this immaculate all original garage kept suburban with underbody and inner panels all rust proofed I purchased from older gentleman who claimed he never drove it in the rain. I use this vehicle for road trips .I refreshed all fluids and replaced every out dated part.I'd drive it anywhere and have already.I treat this vehicle with love!!And turned down $12000.00 for its resale! I will keep this for as long as I can ,they are just not made this good anymore. Note... after 1994 GM downgraded its interiors quality on these vehicles interior .so this is rare and I love it.

Bucket seats with armrests, tail gate pwr driver seat,awesome ride and fuel economy,awesome Blue cloth interior that looks new,powerful engine 128 mph ,no third row seats.rear a/c, no rust or corrosion anywhere, awesome color scheme ,same as the pic above believe it or not Blue and white SLE package

headlamps, I will upgrade but mind you the originals are not discolored or faded just a poor design for that era.

Great Truck
By dekenney

1992 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

Bought in 2001 from original owner with 118K miles. Put in new transmission at 156K, and other minor usual maintenance items. Engine still runs strong. Hauls all of our stuff on vacations, and decent gas mileage for a large SUV. Usual GM fit/finish issues when it come to the cheap plastics and door panels. Otherwise, its been a great truck. Will eventually replace with something similar.

Room for everyone and gear, unlike in mini-vans. repairs have been minimal. easy to maintain. Large safe vehicle for the mean streets of Interstate 95.

The cheap plastic interior parts. (much improved in new models.) Replaceable radio.

188,000 and doing well
By goosetowngang

1992 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I love this truck! It had 42,000 miles when I bought it in 1995. It has served my family well with many weekend trips and week-long vacations. Plenty of room to spread out and for luggage. It's a good work truck too. Carrying full sheets of drywall is no problem. It uses about .5 quart of oil between changes every 3000-4000 miles. Maintenance is below average. AC has been recharged twice and is currently on it's third summer since the last and blowing very cold. Shocks were replaced at 120000 and rides/handles great. This Suburban is a smooth cruiser at 65.

Shiny red & dark gray-silver paint. Visibility. Handling (for a truck). Comfort on the 10hr drives.

Great truck!
By Mark Martin

1992 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I purchased this 1992 C1500 HD Suburban in 2000, and have been impressed with the longevity that Chevrolet has built into this model. I have put over 100,000 miles on it in less than 4 years, and have done regular maintenance on it myself. I replaced the alternator three times, and finally went with a lifetime warranty on the latest one. I also had the transmission replaced at 136,000, but that was because of my bad driving habits (towing a loaded trailer up and down hills in O/D)...

The fold down second seat, and the ability to haul 4x8 sheets of material, along with an extension ladder inside the burb without leaving the rear doors open...

Make more 1992-1996 used Suburbans available with less mileage, so that I can buy another!

Still running strong at 265,000 miles
By motorhead

1992 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 4dr SUV

I bought this Suburban (my third) four years ago with 164,000 miles on it. It was cheap. And it now has 265,000 miles and I have used it and abused it. The engine and trans are the original and have not been rebuilt. I pull a boat and a car hauling trailer. Have had usual maintainance such as brakes, starter, alternator, water pump. The interior is still excellent and the paint is still shiny and attractive. Just returned from an 1800 miles vacation trip and averaged over 19 mpg.

Space! I hauled 8 Boy Scouts and their gear to Florida and back with room to spare.

The console lid (which was redesigned on later models) won't hold anything. It has no lip and slopes to the edges. Stuff falls right off. Audio controls could be closer to driver.