2004 Chevrolet SSR - Consumer Reviews

LS 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (58 reviews )
MY RED SSR
By JAYDEE on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

FROM THE MOMENT I SAT IN THE SSR I WAS HOOKED. I COULDN'T WAIT TO START IT UP AND HEAR THE NOTE OF THE EXHAUST. IT PERFORMS AS WELL AS EXPECTED AND THEN SOME. FUEL ECONOMY IS POOR, BUT EXPECTED CONSIDERING THE WEIGHT OF THE SSR. CONTROLS ARE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS AND THE BOSE SOUND SYSTEM WILL DROWN OUT ANY UNWANTED NOISE. THE SSR IS VERY QUICK ON THE TAKE OFF AND HAS PLENTY OF PEDAL LEFT EVEN WHEN CRUISING AT HWY SPEEDS. FUN TO DRIVE, BUT DRAWS A CROWD EVERY TIME YOU STOP FOR A BREAK. I LOVE IT, MORE FUN THAN MY LIMITED EDITION DAYTONA 500 TRANSAM

Back in the Fifties
By Dawagonman on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I haven't seen a vehicle get this kind of attention since I did burnouts with my new Roadrunner in 68'. Everywhere I go it attracts people,stops traffic and causes drowling. I drove down Duval St in Key West with the top down and all I could hear was "DID YOU SEE THAT?". It's fun to drive, takes you back in time and makes you want to drive around 24-7.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.
By ssrowner on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my T-Bird for the SSR. Not a truck, but more versatile than any other 2 seater. Great looks and performance. It's a blast! Take your time to shop around. Many dealers were asking 5K to 10K over MSRP. Just wait it out. Don't let try to sell you the "integrated side saddle storage". The top already locks.

Awsome, Awsome, Awsome
By AZ Carol on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive, has great power, and turns heads as you go down the road. It's not practical as a truck, but I don't think anyone who buys one is going to use it for hauling equipment. It's fun just like the corvette. The back has plenty of room for golf clubs and groceries. It's worth every penny. Chevy has a winner in the SSR.

Satisfied
By Ron Myler on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've drove it over 5000 mile's already & I really like it. It's comfortable & a lot of fun.

stupidest car i ever bought
By spc on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I ourchased a red SSR about three weeks ago and it has tot be one of the most regrettable things I have ever done. NASCAR truck series styling has drawn many smirks on the road, with a few people (probably rightfully so) calling me "redneck" and "hoosier". I am actually emabarassed to drive the car and have it up for sale. Luggage room is marginal and the ride is purely marginal. the styling is fleeting, at best!. DONT BUY

One Word - WOW
By fatrat on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

There is Only one word to describe the SSR.... WOW. it is so fun to drive and forget about all the looks that you get while driving it. everyone looks and points. Once the dealer let me take it for a test ride i was hooked. i called and said i was coming and he had it outside with the top down and he threw the keys at me and said let go. that was all it took. i love it. its like driving a corvette pick up truck. i.ve never had so much fun driving a car in a long time. down here in florida i'm sure the top will always be down.

Awesome
By pestamistic on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A fast sporty elegant piece of machinery that will amaze you every chance it can. Go ahead and push it; it will let you know what you are in for.

Outstanding
By deputydoug on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a great vehicle.. long overdue

Unbelievable
By GentRancher on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. The attention it gets is awesome. It is a nice roadster that finally has some functional room for taking trips. It is a truck, and does have functional value as one. It wasn't meant to compete with crew cabs, it is a whole lot more fun.