2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 3500 model:
Engine warranty
By mike on 08/22/10 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a work truck and a daily driver. I tow a 7500 lb trailer 300-700 miles per week and it does the job. Mileage: 10 mpg w/ the trailer, 15-17 mpg w/out. Dealer performed all service Duramax diesel head gasket failed at 118k miles. Even after months of negotiations GM REFUSED to honor the Warranty! The repair cost $7500 out of pocket! I CANNOT recommend GM to anyone EVER again!

Love it
By KH on 01/30/08 17:15 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

We love our truck! We pull a 4 horse trailer everywhere with it and really don't even feel it back there, even fully loaded. It is solid, runs great, and looks good going down the road.

Silverado 3500DRRW
By greasemonkey on 06/05/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

Great vehicle, I have not had any problems at all so far. Regular routine maintenance. Will pull anything I give it. Duramax is the way to go.

Gutless Fuel Hog
By Loyal Stutzman on 08/24/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

4.5 MPG loaded, 12 MPG empty! Duramax with Allison automatic transmision is a joke! Low power, worse fuel economy! This was by far the worst value for my money since I started buying vehicles in 1986! Will soon be selling this pile of junk for a more powerful, economical gas rig! I loved Chevy trucks until I bought this hunk of junk. You can't even start up an incline loaded without using low range 4X4! Forget quick take-off! Imagine 25 MPH uphill in the Rockies for miles and miles! Yes, I bought it brand new, had it dealer serviced right on schedule, all the updates they had, etc. and still no performance!

Unreliable engine/transmission
By Lloyd S. on 09/13/05 02:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Personal and business use. Duramax Diesel. Uncontrollable rpms while towing. Truck shut down to a crawl at freeway speed. Had to be towed to dealer. 7 days later, truck was repaired. Final analysis was a wiring harness failure. Has happened several time to date and will be seeking counsel to rescind my contract for a vehicle that I cannot depend on.

RVing Truck
By Charles & Barb on 08/14/05 07:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have driven this truck on flat and in hills to mountains and it has never let us down. We live in a 5th wheel trailer and drive all over this country,on Interstates and dirt ,and this diesel just keeps driving with the rest of the traffic.

DISAPPOINTED CHEVY OWNER
By MIKE on 05/09/05 12:42 PM (PDT)

I am very disappointed with my purchase of the Chevrolet 4X4 crew cab 3500 pickup. I am towing about 8000 lbs on a regular basis and traded a 2004 Toyota Tundra for the Chevy. This truck rides okay when not towing, but hook a 26' trailer to it and the ride is so uncomfortable you have to pull over every hour or so or it will beat you to death. It averages 7-9mpg and seems to top out at 60 mph on slight inclines. The Tundra by far is a better vehicle more leg room and the overall package is 100% better than Chevrolets "best towing truck" It is too bad as I have been a long time Chevrolet owner but this will be the last.

3500 Silverado Dually
By Fred Thomas on 01/30/05 02:13 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a Silverado 3500 Vortex Diesel 6.6. I find this vehicle to be responsive and a pure pleasure to drive. The interior of this truck fits a person of my stature. My wife enjoys the heated seats, the OnStar feature, the leather interior and the DVD player. My future endeavor with my vehicle will be to see how a 39 foot Montana fifth wheel trailer is pulled. Can't wait. I recently took it out of town about 300 miles pulling through the grapevine, was a dream while leaving the other vehicles in my rear view mirror. Looking forward to taking it to the snow in Nevada. I looked at the rest and this is the best.

I Love My 2000 Chevy Truck
By My 2000 Chevy Truck on 01/26/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We mostly use our truck to pull a 30 foot Cabin cruiser boat. It has proven its self over and over again, pulling a 11,000 pound boat up some very steep,and wet boat ramps. We also pull a 25 foot camper with it. If we hadn't hooked it up and did't see it in the rear view mirror, you would never know it was back there. Our truck has proved to be every thing we had hoped for in a truck. All though a might harder to park than our Blazer, my wife had rather take it shopping.she likes the way it puts her up higher than most vehicles.