Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:

Best truck I've owned
By Randy

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck new in September 2001. Towed travel trailer thru 40 plus states and most of Canada. Developed the startup knock on first trip to Nova Scotia. Chevrolet gave me the 100K engine warranty. Still has the startup knock but obviously has not affected the engine. Replaced the spark plugs, alternator, battery and water pump. Still has original brakes, front and back. Recently developed the ABS brake light problem, apparently caused by a bad relay in the ABS module (not caused by bad body ground). ABS is still operational when ABS and Brake warning lights are on. Has had minor steering column rattle since new. dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix it. Otherwise, very happy with it.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort and power.

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel tank and better mileage.

Only a Chevy for the workin man
By BOWTIE-ALLTHEWAY

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my 1500 hd for a few months and have had only one thing go wrong at that is the 4L80-E trans.I have put just over 12000 miles on my truck and the trans is bad but not a big deal to me any way when you use a truck like you should your gona have stuff go bad but other than that this is the best chevy I've ever had (just so ya'll know this will be the 10th Chevy I have bought in five years and would not even think about geting a Ford or a Dodge)

Favorite Features

The best part of my truck is the room inside. My son can almost put all of his toys in the back seat to keep him busy for miles.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Pleased with purchase
By lancelot91

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned alot of chevy trucks and I must say this is the best one yet. Upgraded to the 1500 HD to pull 7300lb boat. Lots of power and great stance. Stable ride while pulling heavy loads long distances. Also has excellant braking with a firm pedal. Roomy interior and friends enjoy the rear console and cup holders. Can't complain. Will definitly trade for another one in the future.

Favorite Features

Towing capacity. Ease of driving. Stereo visability

Suggested Improvements

Better front cup holders. Better milage. Either a lockable console or glove box.

Pleased Owner
By R. Colonna

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It's been a great truck. 25,000 miles in the first year and it hasn't been to the shop once. It hauls great. Does it ride a little rough? Sure, its an HD. Does it get great gas mileage? 14 MPG, not bad for having 3.73 rear end.

Favorite Features

Can't pick one! I like it all!

I DO NOT LIKE THE ENGINE
By lwidg

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE TRUCK ENGINE HAS A VIBRATION THEY CANT OR WILL NOT GET OUT. FOR THAT REASON I AM DISATISFIED.

Favorite Features

BRAKES,AC

Suggested Improvements

ENGINE,CUP HOLDER