2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
Best truck I've owned
By Randy on 01/25/10 10:56 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck new in September 2001. Towed travel trailer thru 40 plus states and most of Canada. Developed the startup knock on first trip to Nova Scotia. Chevrolet gave me the 100K engine warranty. Still has the startup knock but obviously has not affected the engine. Replaced the spark plugs, alternator, battery and water pump. Still has original brakes, front and back. Recently developed the ABS brake light problem, apparently caused by a bad relay in the ABS module (not caused by bad body ground). ABS is still operational when ABS and Brake warning lights are on. Has had minor steering column rattle since new. dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix it. Otherwise, very happy with it.

Only a Chevy for the workin man
By BOWTIE-ALLTHEWAY on 02/12/08 18:18 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had my 1500 hd for a few months and have had only one thing go wrong at that is the 4L80-E trans.I have put just over 12000 miles on my truck and the trans is bad but not a big deal to me any way when you use a truck like you should your gona have stuff go bad but other than that this is the best chevy I've ever had (just so ya'll know this will be the 10th Chevy I have bought in five years and would not even think about geting a Ford or a Dodge)

Pleased with purchase
By lancelot91 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned alot of chevy trucks and I must say this is the best one yet. Upgraded to the 1500 HD to pull 7300lb boat. Lots of power and great stance. Stable ride while pulling heavy loads long distances. Also has excellant braking with a firm pedal. Roomy interior and friends enjoy the rear console and cup holders. Can't complain. Will definitly trade for another one in the future.

Pleased Owner
By R. Colonna on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It's been a great truck. 25,000 miles in the first year and it hasn't been to the shop once. It hauls great. Does it ride a little rough? Sure, its an HD. Does it get great gas mileage? 14 MPG, not bad for having 3.73 rear end.

I DO NOT LIKE THE ENGINE
By lwidg on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THE TRUCK ENGINE HAS A VIBRATION THEY CANT OR WILL NOT GET OUT. FOR THAT REASON I AM DISATISFIED.

It's been great so far
By H2YAMYK on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Only about 8K on the clock, but no real problems yet. A few times now, the A/C blows warm for some reason but it's rare. There is some valve noise with this engine that some one else here is concerned about. I believe it to be normal. Some engines make more noise than others. Power is fantastic. Ride is decent. Pretty bumpy on these L.A. freeways, but the towing/hauling capacity beats Fords flat out. I compared to F250 and this 1500HD is superior in just about every way in terms of utility. Comparing this truck to the F150 4-door was a no brainer - The F150 5 foot bed was a big deterrent as I use this truck for motorcycles, etc.

1500HD
By HD on 03/14/02 00:15 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I rated the truck high because I like it. It may be lighter than the Heavy heavy dutys but it rides as good as my wifes $24.000.00 car. It's quite and runs good, with plenty of pep. The gas milage is around 13 intown and 16 on the highway. It sits as high as the 2500HD's and it looks good. But with a big truck your not going to get the milage like a small truck. But thats the price I'm willing to pay.