2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:
2001 1500HD Crew Cab 4X4
By 1500HDFred on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Although this is my 2nd Chevy with the 6.0 I still the truck has very good performance. The gas mileage is very good, considering the amount of HP and torque which is available. All and all a very quality product, which is much better than the previous generation truck.

2002 Smoking $33,000 Silverado
By sjones87 on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Truck uses a quart of oil in about 2,200 miles. Used a quart towing a boat for 450 miles. Truck smokes. Dealer service dept. said a quart per 1,000 miles is standard. Dealer service dept. says today a quart per 2,000 is okay and some smoke. I am embarrashed when I start the truck and it smokes. Wish I had my 96 Dodge back that I traded in. Last Chev. truck I bought rusted down in 3 years. I should have learned my lesson and not have bought another one.

Great 3/4 Ton truck, rides like a car
By greerjt on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've never owned a 3/4 ton truck as an everyday vehicle. I drive on the interstate about 80 miles per day. I would have to get a Cadillac to get a better ride. Very stable. I get 17 MPG with 15 being the lowest in-town driving. No service problems at 20K mi. I could not ask for more in a truck.

Very Pleased with this vehicle.......
By Tod on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. Handles well, has many bells and whistles. height of truck almost looks like a 4x4. Good brakes. Good Towing. The stereo Sucks, but I didn't buy it for the stereo. Will have to put my own in.