2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Very Happy
By ChevyFan on 02/09/07 09:04 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded in my '01 Sierra for an '07 Silverado. Not as fully loaded as my '01, but I haven't missed the options yet. Seats are very comfortable and spacious. Driver cockpit area is user friendly with everthing easy to get to. Instrument panel and dash has plents of useful tech features without being cluttered. Plenty of storage area. New body styling is right on and has not yet failed to turn heads. Fuel mileage for the first tank was 16 and change with an even mix of on highway and offroad miles. I expect fuel mileage to increase once I reach break-in.

I Got A Lemon
By Done with GM on 02/07/07 16:07 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is beautiful and fun to drive. I got a lemon. Transmission problems have caused it to be in the dealer more than in my garage. Finally GM will replace the transmission. I have also had window and electrical problems. I should have had my mechanic check this new truck before I bought it. The transmission was obviously leaking for a long time. GM/Chevrolet was very nasty about fixing the problems.

Silverado
By Bob on 02/03/07 17:12 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very quick and nimble compared to '05 2500HD. Fast and rides smooth. Driver seating does not agree with my frame. It was fine on two test drives, but after 1 hour on the highway, very painful. I have tried all the adjustments and controls and have decided that the seating is too soft. For the most part, vast improvements over previuos models. I have owned all 4 Chevy truck styles from the past 20 years, and this one is very nice.

Chevy Sivverado 1500
By Randy on 01/31/07 09:05 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great performance.This is the first auto transmission truck I've owned going back to a 1972 Chevy (3-speed) and several 4 and 5 speed manual Chevys and one GMC since then. It's nice not to shift, since I'm getting old!

Love my truck!
By Bill on 01/30/07 08:21 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up my new truck last Saturday. I've been analyzing them for about a month and finally was able to pull the trigger. This truck is very comfortable, quiet, easy to drive, and attractive. I live in Colorado and will no longer fear the massive snows that we've been experiencing this year. In fact, I'm looking forward to trying out the 4WD during a probable snow-storm later this week. It's nice to have a truck again. I missed my old one.

New Style Silverado
By Doug G on 01/21/07 14:22 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Upgraded from an '05 Silverado to the new body style '07. The ride is firm without being stiff. The road noise is reduced. The new gauge cluster is nice and easy to look at. The onboard computer is handy to show tire pressures as well as tranmission temp. Even with the 8/4 cyl. fuel management system, I average only 14.5 MPG with lots of highway miles. My '05 averaged 17.5. It is a very nice looking truck. I look forward to gaining better gas mileage.

I love my new Silverado!
By desert_gurl on 01/11/07 16:17 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT1 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just sold my 2001 Silverado and replaced it with a 2007 crew cab Silverado LT 1500. I was amazed at the changes from the instrument panel to the increase in horsepower! I love this truck, it drives as smooth as a Cadillac! This is definitely a keeper! Heads turn everywhere I go!

New LTZ Z71
By tj on 01/11/07 11:03 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased a few days ago and already am amazed by what GM has done with this vehicle. The fit and finish is excellent, the integration of vehicle systems is well done. For example, I was low on gas. Not only did the low gas light come on, and "Low Fuel" displayed on dash, the car Nav system offered to show me all the nearby gas stations on the map display. The auto-switching between v4 and v8 is not noticable and does help mileage. The leather interior is beautiful. Reliability remains to be seen, but my 2001 had 135000m on it when I traded it in and nothing major ever went wrong with it, so I hope this one is even better

Changed Opinion
By Changed on 01/06/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After being a Ford man for the last 33 years I have finally given Chevy a try and I love this truck. The ride is very comfortable with a stability befitting a sports car. It is well appointed and the fit and finish is superb. The truck feels solid and exhibits little or no frame flex. I have found the engine to be strong with good power but still reasonable in gas mileage. The four wheel drive with the electronic transfer case works great and the truck has the ability to pull its way through snow and mush of Northern Montana without a problem. Winter travel has never felt safer than in this truck. After owning many trucks I rate this one at the top.

2007 in review
By TOM on 12/21/06 23:41 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Really enjoying my driving. This truck is everything it was billed to be. Comfortable, quick, and a head turner. Had to wait a while for the 6.0 V8. It has every option available. Wife has forgiven me for purchasing the truck since she and I have driven it 1100 miles in 9 days.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.