2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2005 Silverado Crew Cab
By djdizee on 06/22/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck! The only thing I wasn't pleased with was the comfort of the seats on a long trip but any seat would be uncomfortable on a long trip. Was in a major, frontal car accident with this truck and it was the only thing that saved my life!

Chevy work truck
By Rtom45 on 06/15/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a problem with an coolant leak shortly after I got the truck. Dealership found a cut hose and replaced it. Had a condensation/fogging problem because a "gate" wasn't opening. That took longer, but we found the problem and fixed it. Truck is straight forward and functional. I would have loved standard transmission. Chose this over Nissan, Toyota, Ford, and Dodge.

Great Truck
By Bo on 06/08/06 06:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevrolet truck, and the best by far. Previous were an 89 that I drove to 125K miles, then a 1996 to 165K miles, and finally this one. Could not be more pleased with the comfort, performance, and convenience. Plus, I am seeing 18 to 19 mpg if I keep my speed around 70 on the highways.

Best Truck I've Owned
By Bruce B. on 05/08/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a few Ford trucks and one Dodge truck. The ride of those doesn't compare to the smoothnest of the Chevy Silverado crew cab. Smooth ride, roomy interior. Nothing rattles or squeaks. It's just a very well put together truck.

Bubba's Work Truck
By Bubba on 05/07/06 04:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been more than pleased with my truck. I have gotten an average of 19 mpg since the truck was purchased and for the way I drive that is great! Even while pulling a load, it has not seemed to effect the milage in any big way. Only thing that has ever erked me was the top speed limit. Plenty of power and performance but a limit of 104. Then again, that may be a good thing.

Nice Truck
By nagyflys on 04/17/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy truck. I'm very pleased with it. I haven't had it very long so I dont know how the build quality is or the reliability. Hopefully good.

Luv my Chevy
By Chris Heidt on 03/16/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first experence with a Chevrolet, and I couldn't be more pleased. The most pleasent riding and handling pickup I have owned, and the service I recieve from the dealer I bought it from so far has been outstanding. Buy American always.

Great Truck
By morgan on 03/09/06 08:44 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most comfortable and driver friendly vehicles I have ever owned. Before I got this truck I drove a Land Rover Discovery and my wife had a Lincoln Towncar, but never again. She drives this one and leaves the Lincoln in the yard. We are planning on getting her own in the near future.

Way to go CHEVY!
By Drum Dawg on 03/08/06 09:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. Great gas mileage(20 MPG around town) and performance. The stepside looks great and the stock rims look nice! The front fold down bench seat is really useful! I have the 4.8 L and it has power to spare. It tows my car trailer with ease. I looked at all the brands over a couple of months and am glad that I picked a chevy.

11,000 Mile Rundown
By ChevyGuy on 02/10/06 00:03 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I must say that I am extremely happy that I bought my Silverado before GM decided to make them ugly for the '06 model year. The truck is doing fantastic. It is a joy to drive and has little malfunction. The transmission seems a little unsure but functions nonetheless. The mileage is good for the L33 engine and has plenty of range with the 26gal tank. The standard bridgestone dueler tires will throw all the rocks they come across so some ruberized undercoating wouldn't be a bad idea. I highly recommend the Z71 package, it came in really handy in about 14 inches of surface slop during the '05 whitetail season. It's a great truck overall, I cannot complain.