2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

Work Truck Extended Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Worst Truck Ever
By X Chevy Fan on 09/23/09 02:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this truck. I bought this truck Brand New. Have had it for 3 yrs now. The day after I bought it the ac blower resister, blower motor and resistor pigtail burn out... at 34 miles. At around 14000 miles, the ignition coil goes out. The list goes on and on. Now have 51000 on it and I have replaced the ac electrical parts 5 times, one tranny, starter, alternator, water pump, fuel pump, and countless bulbs. And the instrument cluster went out at around 39000. GM still refuses to replace mine. Been over a year and a half without speedo. Last but not least, the spare tire carrier got jammed. Had to use a cutting torch. Will never buy another. EVER!!!! Next one will be a Toyota .

Poor Build Quality
By Mike on 08/07/06 11:03 AM (PDT)

Not very satisfied. It was a nice ride at first, but after it gets broken in it becomes like a tank and things start falling apart. The "like a rock" statement is long gone and I will never own another Chevy truck again if this is their new standard. My '86 pickup lasted well over 200,000 miles with no major problems but apparently you can't expect the same quality anymore.

Excellent Value
By Jim on 08/03/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

Best value in the industry. I looked at all the full size extended cab models out there, and the Chevrolet Silverado was the best buy for the price. I have owned several GM products and all of them were extremely reliable over the long haul. By that I mean they were still reliable with over 100,000 miles. The imports I have had were not.