2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Truck
By Yukan on 12/13/05 19:16 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall very happy. Mileage was better than expected, equal the the Ranger 4.0 pig it replaced. Ride and interior comfort outstanding. Exterior looks leave something to be desired though. Plenty of power from the 5.3 V8, tranny shifts like a dream. I would buy it again.

Truck with Class
By Lee Brewer on 11/08/05 16:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Silverado is loaded on the inside from heated leather seats and XM Satellite radio to dark tinted windows and fog lights. The features available on this truck were great. I haven't had a single problem with the engine, brakes, or transmission after 20K miles and I don't plan to. Runs well, comfortable to drive and it just straight up looks good.

Best truck on the road
By lloyd579 on 11/06/05 21:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would never buy another truck unless it's GM quality. Nothing compares to the Chevy Silverado Z71. Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda should all just give up and find another market.

Overall quallity
By Chad on 10/20/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, and very reliable and works well for day to day activities, and excellent for taking out in the wilderness and using it

Worst Chevy Ever
By shopbum on 10/13/05 06:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, and never have I disliked a truck as much as this one. It has been one problem after another. First the cowl was leaking into the cab, then the rear passenger windows would not deal, the the keyless entry locked me out on about 20 occasions...I could go on and on. Never again will I buy a GM after the worst time in my life.

Born to Ride...
By Red on 07/12/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck can fly off the line (for a truck) and haul anything you throw at it. The ride is smooth, aslong as you dont change the suspension. If you add a Power Chip it boost the power along with alittle more gas mileage. Along with the right kinda of tires, the 4x4 will get you out of most problems. The protection the engine and electrical parts have from water and mud is great. I went through 4ft of water(factory height) without any problems afterward, except alittle water in the cab...no biggy. Careful with the CD player tho, if a cd is in when you start up, it may not play, youll have to take it out then reinsert.

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf on 05/31/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

Good ol' Plain Jane Crew Cab
By drwooly on 04/30/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck because they FINALLY made the 1500 Crew Cab. I think we did it right. Fit, finish, performance is very good. ( C'mon people, it's a truck! Anything better than 16-18 mpg, and drag strip performance, you'll have to build yourself! ) I have put on dual exhaust, and an air intake system, and increased mileage, but it's good enough to start with! The only thing I would change is getting the long-bed. Also, after-market/dealer-installed tonneau cover is a joke! But overall, a very good, competent truck. LT pkg. makes it even better than some cars.

Reality
By Trapezoid Joe on 04/08/05 01:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a solid truck. I see nothing wrong to complain about. When I shopped I looked at the Ford150 and Dodge Ram. The F150 has more options but it was $3000 more. F150 was also more refined. If you can afford it the F150 is a better buy if you want the most refined truck with the most options/features. The Dodge Ram was $1000 cheaper but much less refined. The Ram had the exact same interior (plastic) and clothe as my 98 Dodge Neon which is very very cheap. For the money the Silverado is by far the best buy using value as the measure.

Not Bad, Could be better...
By EKP on 03/31/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a former Ford owner, I am a little disappointed. My Z71 has already been in the shop for over a week with misfiring issues in three seperate cylinders. Chevy has repaired, although they didn't give me a good explaination of what caused the problems. I LOVE the truck (ride, styling, 18MPG+, Power), but the reliability is clouding my mind. Only time will tell...