2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
great
By the happy catholic on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 2WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

bought this truck off ebay 6/03 for $9,750 with only 10,500 (16,000 today 1/25/04) miles on it. a/c switch and anti-freeze switch went out but was replaced under warranty. go with light color that doesn't show scratches. use the wal mart rubber mat in the back for flexibility and if you get in an accident the rhino lining spray on bed liners ruin the bed. paid $3000 down and $206 a month for 3 years. can't beat this deal!!!

Love My Chevy
By Tigger on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I had a 1996 chevrolet Extended cab and I loved it! We traded it in in 2001 February for a 2001 Dodge Durango! Boy what a mistake that was! I hated the Durango! I loved the room, but the insurance, the gas mileage and the fact that from June until August it was in the shop for A/C repairs we decided that we should go back to Chevy! We would have never gotten rid of the 96, except we needed the 4 doors! Wow What a trip! I love the 01 truck! Could not be happier!

So Far So Good
By WillH on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

With almost a year passed the chevy has not had one single problem. Reading some of the other reviews I'm either lucky or they were unlucky. The only problem is that the sheet metal seems very thin, i've gotten lots of dents from things that should not have left a mark.