1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Bought New in 1999
By passedu on 01/17/11 11:59 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck new in 1999, trading in a 1997 Monte Carlo. The truck has been reliable and comfortable for over 165,000 miles. Within the last month the gear selector and mileage indicator LED failed. Repair requires replacement of the entire gauge assembly. Early on I had to have the ABS manifold replaced, under warranty. Since then, starter at 158,000, drivers window electric motor at 156,000, and I had the front end rebuilt at 159,000. I replaced the orginal rear shocks within the last two weeks (Jan 11). There was no leakage, but rear end bouce was noticeable.

Love my truck
By Randi on 04/11/07 13:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

This 7 year old truck has electrical problems in dash. Unable to view gear shifter, odometer, already replaced once. Also, gas guage went belly up at 6 years. Still love the truck. Good ride, good mileage, good towing, never broke down, good looking. Light in the backend, have to use sandbags.

Great Car, Disappointing Quality
By David Cox on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first Chevrolet and first truck. The vehicle has been expensive and troublesome. I really like the car, but don't know that I'd buy another, at least not another Chevy.\ Door and seats have needed rebuilding, the brake control systems have required $1600 in repairs in the last 17 months, and the dealer has often needed multiple tries to fix things.

Sold on Chevy Trucks
By Tommy Teal on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Ive had extremely good results from my 99 silverado--recommend this truck 100% for highway travel as its smooth, responsive and fun to drive

Good
By DB on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

My new Chevrolet 3rd Door LT 1500 is a great truck. I love everything about it