2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
Nice car!
By nissianjeff on 01/25/14 23:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Looks good, inside and out. Love the light Gold color! Stereo sounds great! Comfy ride, in town or on Freeway. I did however have an issue with the headlights not working at night, while the day running lights DID still work. It needed a new multi function switch. Rather pricy part! The read tail light lens are getting full of hair line cracks in em too. That dont look to good, will have to replce soon I recon? Good milage! Friends all like it too. Good cold duel control AC, nice! Power everything! The fuel gage now is acting a lil squirlly. Dont always read right. I'm being told it may need a whole new instrument cluster. Also told, thats NOT cheap either! All in all though, love this car!

After 5 years
By wes on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very comfy seats, Paint color is awesome/Laser Blue but the paint chipped real easy from hwy. rocks. A/C doesn't cool enough because of the hot dash. I had my windows tinted, Rides good/XM/ON STAR

2005 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS
By Eva on 01/18/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Monte SS used, but let me tell you it is a sweetheart. I am a middle aged woman who loves to drive fast. I have no problem holding the go pedal to the floor. Its also amuses me to shut off the traction control on the console and smoke the heck out of the front tires, some times I have to take off my high heels to make sure the pedal is completely pushed to the floor and I also like the feeling of power going up my leg driving in my stocking feet. Totally awesome car!!

Almost Perfect
By mcd1995 on 10/30/09 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My 2005 SS Monte Carlo was my personal dream car for my price range. After bypassing the 2004 Mustang Cobra because of price, I picked the Monte up used with 30k miles for just $13,000 and I'm loving it. The interior is very sleek, contrary to the Edmund's review. Trunk is HUGE and there's good interior space. The car itself gets a lot of looks. I'm now at 42k miles and have no major mechanical problems. Like most, I think Chevy ruined the Monte by not making it a manual RWD. Still, the monte can easily reach 300HP with $1400 in mods. I've used these mods, so I basically paid $14400 for about 310 HP, great styling, and comfort. Great deal.

Not pleased with this one
By Got a lemon on 05/03/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I'm not very pleased with my 2005 Monte Carlo. I would love to get rid of it, but it has not held its resale value and I owe too much on it. I have owned it for 3 years and it has been in the shop and been worked on 7 times. The belts an pulleys keep breaking. The steering shaft has also went out on it. I work from home and do not drive it everyday and it has been well maintained it only has 28,000 miles on it for a 3 year old car. My dash is also coming apart. I will not buy another one and I will be getting rid of this one as soon as possible.

Tony Stewart SS is a keeper
By Bob Hendrichs on 12/11/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I bought my Tony Stewart 2005 SS a year and a half ago. I have had several people offer me more than I paid for it. This car is a keeper. If you have one hang on to it. It will be a collectable. What a sweet ride.

My 4th Monte, the best yet.
By Phil24 on 10/27/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 4th Monte Carlo in a row, and its been the most fun to drive out of them. The supercharger gives a lot of added excitement and preformance that my 2001 SS lacked. Speaking of preformance, the car handles great in all types of adverse weather, no tendency to spin in the snow or hydroplane in the rain at all. Im a large person (6'6 and 300 pounds) and this car is extreamly comfortable for me to drive, both short trips and extended drives over 4 hours.

Chevys Best
By Larry Gehrs on 10/04/05 04:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have a Tony Stewart special edition Monte Carlo 2005 ,supercharged, The car is very fast and the car is good handling. For the up most, the car is built strong and sturdy. Very well built and one of the best on the road

Smooth ride
By Stick Morgan on 09/13/05 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Wanted to get back into a two door coupe and I am very happy with my decision to lease the SS. I think this car is sharp looking. My SS has is black with a neutral interior. I love the tan seats against the black exterior. Also has the optional silver moldings, which add a nice touch.

Great Car For Price
By vince on 08/20/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have had my SS for a few months . Mileage is better than I thought it would be, to bad they require 90+ octane so price of fuel makes the gap up from mileage. Inside, I love the space over Mustangs, and performance is better than a 4.6 with an auto. I would only own the Supercharged SS after having this one.