Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

My Red Sexxy SS
By LadySmack

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It turns on a dime, and is very sporty...I have loved driving it for a while now, and the new still hasn't wore off in 1 year...my father has a 2000, and he told me he still loves to drive his....

Favorite Features

I love the inside and outside look...My favorite is how the inside is built for the driver....

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders need to be remodled for more ease of using, and a V8 should be thought about....

WET ROADS
By wv nurse

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The performance of this vechicle is terrible on wet roads I wrecked mine while doing 45mph. Seats need more padding. Back seats need more leg room.I hate the milage I get 21mpg. This car use to be fun driving, but now I am afraid of it since hydroplaning across 4 lanes of traffic. The exterior is good looking but could use a few improvements. The build of the car is very sturdy after wrecking the only injuries I had was a cut on my finger. As far as reliability, this car has been hard to handle on wet roads since I purchased it. I owned a 2001 SS before the 2002 and never had this problem.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the remote opening trunk and doors.

Suggested Improvements

Change tires or whatever is causing the car to hydroplane so easily.Use less plastic on the interior

Great Car
By spinnell

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a wonderful experience with this car. Excellent mileage, gets 29.9 on HWY, lots of power, and the comfort is beyond belief. Was never a fan of big cars but the comfort is well worth it. A lot of bang at a good price.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Change the brake pads, mine squeek every time I brake slowly. Dealership said it was the more environment friendly brake pad. Forget it change'em.

love my monte
By brenda 2

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable, luxury,sport vehicle around. I love driving it and I also look great in it.. This vehicle will turn alot of heads when its shiny finish has just been washed.

Favorite Features

The stereo system is awesome and the engine performance is get up and go now, gotta love it.

THE MONTE CARLO
By bj khan

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The monte carlo is a nice car it has a decent amount of power but chevy really needs to get rid of the dlat spot on second gear. Another thing is the nose dive when you brake. I have problems with the car shaking while it idle's. when i took it to the dealer they said it was normal. no i dont think so. It comes well stocked and for a stock system the 200 watt monsoon amplified system sounds good. It's a good car overall.

Favorite Features

Car looks awesome. Very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

lay off the governor. no more fancy wiring everything into the radio.