2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
My Red Sexxy SS
By LadySmack on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It turns on a dime, and is very sporty...I have loved driving it for a while now, and the new still hasn't wore off in 1 year...my father has a 2000, and he told me he still loves to drive his....

WET ROADS
By wv nurse on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The performance of this vechicle is terrible on wet roads I wrecked mine while doing 45mph. Seats need more padding. Back seats need more leg room.I hate the milage I get 21mpg. This car use to be fun driving, but now I am afraid of it since hydroplaning across 4 lanes of traffic. The exterior is good looking but could use a few improvements. The build of the car is very sturdy after wrecking the only injuries I had was a cut on my finger. As far as reliability, this car has been hard to handle on wet roads since I purchased it. I owned a 2001 SS before the 2002 and never had this problem.

Great Car
By spinnell on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a wonderful experience with this car. Excellent mileage, gets 29.9 on HWY, lots of power, and the comfort is beyond belief. Was never a fan of big cars but the comfort is well worth it. A lot of bang at a good price.

love my monte
By brenda 2 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable, luxury,sport vehicle around. I love driving it and I also look great in it.. This vehicle will turn alot of heads when its shiny finish has just been washed.

THE MONTE CARLO
By bj khan on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The monte carlo is a nice car it has a decent amount of power but chevy really needs to get rid of the dlat spot on second gear. Another thing is the nose dive when you brake. I have problems with the car shaking while it idle's. when i took it to the dealer they said it was normal. no i dont think so. It comes well stocked and for a stock system the 200 watt monsoon amplified system sounds good. It's a good car overall.

GREAT CAR!!
By 02monteSS on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

bought a dark blue '02 monte SS in august. The car is great. I was never a fan of chevy interior, but this time they got it right. The interior is perfect. The drivetrain is great, both gas mileage and power are up there. Also, the car does very well in the snow (traction control). It is built well, the doors are thick (unlike the tin doors on the imports) and it is very save (5 star crash rating)

Hi Miler Reports on 2002 Monte Carlo
By cornerpost on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

No car of its price range is, in my opinion, more strikingly beautiful than the Monte Carlo. It looks a little bit like an old Lincoln, and with some imagination it can be your luxury car. It's harder to steer than it needs to be, more difficult to exit and enter than it should be. It lacks places right and left to put your elbows when you drive. Other than that, the entire car is engineered in a masterful way-- all parts of the car articulate well, everything works, and the sound system is truly outstanding. Car takes too rapid a price dive after purchase--buy it only if you plan on keeping it for a while.

Great car - Not so great interior
By lilbit on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Monte 9 months ago brand new and absolutely love everything about except the plastic interior around the stereo component and the console is starting to flake away. I am working on trying to get that fixed but haven't gotten anywhere yet. Other than that I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever and the car is a blast to drive.

SS is a great car!
By Mark s. on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 SS for 16 months and have really enjoyed the car. Chevrolet did a great job designing this very distintive car that it not like many others. The ride is great and all controls are easy to use. The handling is great and the V6 feels like a V8. Long trips are a breeze with the very comfortable leather bucket seats.

Better than I figured it would be
By robert henry on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best performing car I have ever owned.3.4 engine is ok and it gets 30 mpg.Seats are not that great but ok.Handling is nutral with no bad traits.I have never reached the limit of this car at above average speeds.It starts and goes and I have had no problems other than a bad tire, Even the tires are covered by the factory but I paid for my replacement rather than mess with them. Great paint, There are no bad things to say about this car