Used 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Best Car I Have or Will Ever Own
By Miss Q

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is my baby! I have had only one problem in 4.5 years which is a problem I have heard is very common in GM cars with this engine and that is the intake gasket. They really need to recall it and fix it. Other than that, no problems whatsoever and I have almost 90,000 on mine. I love it and will drive it until it literally falls apart. Then, I'll retire it and buy another!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the intake gasket problem...

Monte Carlo Rocks!
By jg1fan

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the yellow competition package Monte as it caught my eye and I couldn't pass it up! I loved this car! Everything was well placed and within reach. My only complaint is the small cupholder in front of the shifter. I was always spilling something. I traded this in for a minivan as I was tired of getting the kids in and out of their carseats in the back seat. Now I am kicking myself and going to get a 2003 Jeff Gordon Monte Carlo. If you want the best car you've ever owned, buy a Monte! Chevy Rocks!

Favorite Features

I love the auto lights, the buttons on the steering wheel, dual comfort controls, the sunroof, the power window and lock buttons (Pontiac's are always backwards, they need to learn from their Chevy cousins!), the trunk room, and basically everything else!

Suggested Improvements

If it could get 50 mpg, that would be the only improvement I can think of! As it is I got over 32 MPG avg., I was blown away!

Best car I ever owned
By angel

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevy Monte Carlo is reliable and fun to drive. It has incredible get up and go. It handles like a dream. I love the way it just wants to go, doesn't matter if your climbing a mountain or on a flat road this car goes with no problems. I get people stopping me all the time to compliment me and ask about my car. I always tell them that if they want a sporty, roomy, fast and comfortable car that they should go out and get one. I love my car.

Favorite Features

The sleek design and roomy interior are my favorite features. I tinted the windows and put some 18" wheels on and it just set the car off. Even though it is a coupe there are 0 problems getting things in and out of the back seat. The trunk is great, I haven't had a hauling problem yet.

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of any.

Great Car!
By Mike Breckle

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. It could use a little more power but I'll say that about anything. The interior is alright although the center console has a flimsy top. Otherwise this car is definitely fun to drive and definitely looks good!

Favorite Features

Style, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Interior construction

Great Daily Driver
By GsMonteCarlo1

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 Monte Carlo prior to this 2002. Chevy improved the Monte Carlo greatly from 95 model to the 2000+ models. There is more room, better stereo, and bigger trunk. The styling is a lot better as well. The only thing that Chevy messed up was the integrated computer system into the radio. This creates problem with aftermarket stereos and remote starters.

Favorite Features

I love the looks. The performance is typical.

Suggested Improvements

More power (done in 2006 model w/ 5.3) and rear-wheel drive. No more integrated computer into stereo