Possibly worst car in America..
By monty9025 on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
I drove this car since last August, and it had very low miles, so I said why not? Ohh god, worst decision ever. Theres some clanging under the floorboard going faster than 10 mph, brakes needed changed twice already. It has 140,000 on it now, put new struts on it all around, new tires, battery, headlamps, left fog light fell off. Chevy, you're the worst manuf. ever. Own this car if you and 7 doctors live together, because it gets horrible gas mileage (13-15, if you drive carefully). It has noooooo power going up a hill, has to drop 3 gears and then screams. After 130 thousand miles, it developes this problem of extended cranking. It will start, but prepare to be embarrassed for 10-15 secs.
Favorite Features
Key fob, left handed drink caddy
Suggested Improvements
Ughh. Better mpg, bigger engine, or better calibration between engine/tranny: theres no power! Find the problem with the extended cranking. Power steering has issues, it just stops working, parents: don't put your kids in this, the steering just locks up. Chevy burned me with this car, and by burned, I mean smoldered, slowly. Cd player doesn't work, had to buy one, when cold the rear end jumps and tranny clunks. Caution: don't clean the carpet with anything but cleaner diluted with water, it will turn pink! This is my warning to you, when you get in it the next day, it's literally pink. Engine mounts are made out of probably plastic bags, need replaced a lot. I'm 6'3 and there is no room.