Used 1996 Chevrolet Corsica Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Chevrolet Corsica - Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan

Base 2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (33 reviews )

Good car
By bamaminchew

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96 Corsica last year for $450 cash. The car looks like absolute crap, but it runs great. It has 159000 miles on it and still purrs. I feel that I have already gotten my money back out of this car. The interior headlight and wiper controls on those older Chevys are not designed very well so I have had to rig them up so they will work. No complaining from me though, this car gets me from point a to point b reliably.

Awesome Car
By brent1996123

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

Perfect car very reliable strong V6 3.1 liter excellent transmission.

Favorite Features

Motor, ABS, Comfortable

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Car
By brent1996123

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very Reliable strong v6 engine and strong transmission, ABS works great never had to replace a thing.

Favorite Features

Strong motor, ABS, Comfortable, Reliable

Suggested Improvements

None

Chevy Lumina
By John

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

The 1996 Chevy Lumina is an extremely reliable car. We have had our Lumina for almost a year now and have had only minor problems. We drive from lower Michigan to Northern Michigan almost every weekend- even in the snow- and it has gotten us there and back many times now, safely. It is a great car for those who need something cheaper, but reliable transportation.

Favorite Features

It's "heftiness". It is extremely reliable and comfortable. The huge trunk. Size- comfortably seats 5.

Suggested Improvements

NEEDS CUP HOLDERS! It doesn't accelerate very quick, but it wasn't designed for that anyway.

Typical GM: Solid, but under-rated.
By Olive

1996 Chevrolet Corsica Sedan 4dr Sedan

Had this Corsi for 16 years now, and not once has it been to the shop for anything more than an alternator. It's a typical Chevy of the mid-eighties/nineties: an inexpensive vehicle for the masses with pretty solid build construction, marred by poor quality control. But considering how much more I would have paid for an equivalent Honda or Toyota, this was a good value. I spend pennies on repair, not hundreds. I agree with others that the paint is awful, but in my case, the clearcoat is what's messed up. It has swirls and water spots even when dry. Cheap ABS plastic knobs keep breaking and falling off. The interior fabric is also chintzy, but isn't that why they make seat covers...

Favorite Features

V6 has good low-end torque, gets around the city good. Very easy to drive - no blind spots. Steering is mushy, but it goes where you tell it to. Almost Buick-like in how soft the suspension's geared. Maintenance is cheap because the mechanic doesn't have to be a contortionist to work on it.

Suggested Improvements

Not an improvement, but a question, as GM's option lists have always been rather weird. This vehicle was bought as a former rental. It has the V6, automatic, and all the power equipment offered on that model year - but no cruise control. Makes no sense!