2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Good Car

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Review

LT Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good Car
By Jarret on

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car I have ever had. Good car for the $15,000 I spent after taxes. I have a middle of the road model with power windows and air conditioning. One irritating problem is that after owning the car for five months, I am now hearing a sound of something loose or rolling around in the front engine/tire area of the car whenever I make a moving right turn and sometimes a moving left turn. I took it to the dealer, and they claimed that only one of two mechanics who looked at the car could hear the sound. They stated that did not know what was causing it and could not fix it. I don't understand since sound is obvious, and I am continuing to press the issue with dealer.

Steering on the vehicle is tight and engine performance is good for the small engine I have. Just a nice vehicle to drive all around. Comfortable to be in.

Cheap plastic moldings in the interior of the car. I have already had the inner part of the cup holder come out along a piece that is attached to where the seat belt comes out of. Both were easy to snap back in, but should not happen on a new car.