2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
My first new car!
By Delcorbett on 08/01/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this car and am nothing but happy so far. It is my daily commuter and I have nothing bad to say so far. It gets me to work and it runs great. Good on gas and very fun to drive. Anything beats my old Crown Vic on gas, but this one is great. This is no race car but it gets out of its own way very well.

Ticket me red
By miller1 on 07/24/07 17:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Like we all say, fun to drive, great looks, great price. Good choice. Was pulled over once already with 800 miles on it (warning).

Cobalt is a Keeper
By Kevin on 07/19/07 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new red Cobalt LS 5-speed 2-dr coupe about 3 weeks ago. This is my first new GM vehicle, and I am very pleased with it so far. It is comfortable and fairly quiet, and has a very nice interior layout. The EPA rates it at 25/34 mpg city/hwy, but I got 33.6 mpg on my first tank, and 35.9 mpg on the second. My commute is 20 miles each way, mostly Interstate highways, but including weekends I expect that it is about 25% local/75% highway driving. I am driving efficiently, but I still keep up with traffic on I95 (70-75 mph). I use the A/C as necessary. It isn't as powerful as my 86 Mustang GT, but is still quite fun. I am very pleased with my purchase.

2007 LT2 Coupe/Automatic Trans.
By JasonC on 07/19/07 06:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this about a month ago and have around 1150 miles. Car drives smooth with little outside noise. Very quiet engine! Electric power steering seems to working well with no problems. The interior is nice, however a bit nicer door panels couldn't hurt. Sunroof is quiet and a pleasant option to have. Seating in the front is very comfortable. Driver's side lumbar support is a nice feature, however it doesn't really make a huge difference. Instrument gauges are cleanly arranged, and the stock stereo is very nice! I love the features, and the XM that came with it! I have the 16" tires (instead of the stock 15") and I think it gives it a cleaner beefier look. Gas mileage is best at 65 mph.

This Is My First Car
By Knicole on 07/03/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was my first purchase. I absolutely love how much room you have in the back and front seats, when compared to other similar sized cars. Also has great trunk room for storage or traveling. My Cobalt also has excellent gas mileage. It only takes $30 to fill up my tank, and lasts me for two weeks of going to school and work. I've noticed that it also has great quick acceleration that comes in handy when on the interstate. I'm definitely satisfied with my Cobalt.

Better than a Cavalier
By sean on 06/13/07 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I ordered this car after combing through the entire STL region looking for a blue 2.4 ss with sunroof and airbags. Car came and was surprided to find xm was standard. I really didnt care for it but now after listening i cant live w/o it! Also FM and AM reception with antenna is poor. Gas mileage is tricky. In order to get 34 mpg you have to drive like 55 mph on the highway. At 65mph I'm already at 2.5 K in 5th gear, could definitely use another gear for more gas saving. Overall I average 29mpg with 70/30 highway/city driving. Handling is 'sport' like, but it was easily be pushed over it's limits with body roll. Ride quality is very nice however, very smooth. I'm looking forward to modding it

Dissapointment
By cobalt on 06/11/07 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new. The first week it was fine. But within the second and third week of driving, strange noises started coming from the front engine area - these weird ratting sounds that would come and go. And after 3 weeks, a horribly loud noise suddenly started clicking. It sounded like it was coming from the right front tire. So I had to take it back to the dealership to get fixed. The brakes also make a strained sound, and they aren't paticularly as sharp as I'd like them to be. The clanking sound is unnerving and extremley annoying. Now I have to go out of my way to get it fixed. This is inconvienent and not fair - I've only owned for less than a month!

Extremely pleased with the Cobalt SS
By Chase Hess on 06/09/07 23:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very well rouded. It has performance, handling, style, fuel economy and isn't too expensive; $19,500 brand new w/all but 6 disc changer Power is solid up to 3500 rpm and then she just screams all the way up to redline at 6500 rpm with an auto trans The power is exhilarating. Handling is absoltutely superb while maintaining a pleasant ride (even my wife doesn't complain). Fuel economy is good considering the power (175 HP). I usually get about 26 miles per gallon with a pretty even split of city and highway driving(and my pedal to the floor). I think this car is the total package. I test drove a few other competitors with comparable economy and the Cobalt SS was the obvious choice

Best of the Domestics
By Hobbie2k on 06/08/07 10:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt for the rebates, otherwise I'd be driving an import. That said, the Cobalt is a big improvement over the outdated Cavalier. Excellent fuel economy (I've seen 36mpg; and with only 2000mi, it will improve when things loosen up). The metallic orange paint gets attention, and the 2.2L Ecotec is one of GM's best engines ever. However, a good engine and decent styling can't hide all the places GM cheaped out. Such as lock placement that makes them impossible to use while you're seated in the car, or the solid grey interior door panels (it would have been much classier to continue the dash's two tone them into the doors), or the cheap feeling steering wheel and shifter.

Great car
By nellis on 05/26/07 17:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I know that the Cobalt is an upgrade from the Cavalier but it's way beyond that. The cCobalt is much more comfortable and rides much smoother. I would recommend this car to everyone. It's great for travel or just your everyday driving. Chevy is definitely a winner with this one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.