Used 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

Update of 1/1/08 Review
By Matt

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 10,500 mi on the car and its still without any problems. I took the car to the shop 3 times: Once for an oil change and 2 because of something I did: Bent a rim and hit a deer. I abuse this car and it still treats me great. I'm now getting 30-37MPG depending on how I drive. The front tires are now starting to show noticeable wear. My only big gripe with the car is the noisy wheel covers. They squeak and rattle over bumps and it makes the car seem like less quality than it actually is. Next time I'm getting alloys. I still get compliments on the looks. Why are people still buying imports? Chevy packs quality, value, dependability, and fun all in one car. Check this one out!

Favorite Features

DIC, auto headlights, speed variable power steering and wipers. CD/MP3 player sounds great for a bottom-of-the-barrel system. Exterior styling. It has as much power as my 01 Z24 and gets 6+ MPG better. Dash and steering wheel styling. Easy to clean upholstery. Wide range of aftermarket parts.

Suggested Improvements

If I had to do it again, I would've bought the LT. I miss the power windows, locks and keyless entry. Also you can get ABS, alloys, and better looking door trim (all grey on LS versus grey and black on LT) on that model. Improve design of wheel covers and make ABS standard... helps against deer.

Great American Quality
By Mike

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

For all of you out there that buy foreign because of the so called superior reliabilty this car is for you. Well built, fun to drive, excellent quality for your money.

Favorite Features

Easily accessible controls, ipod jack for radio, comfortable interior.

Fix and repair daily!
By Heath

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car the day after Christmas 06. Didnít have it a month and Air conditioner coil busted. March the fan troud begins rattling, AC compressor squeaks and random not starting. I took it to the dealer tightened the fan troud, replaced the Ac compressor and couldnít find anything wrong why it won't start. June 08, gear shifter assembly fell apart! GM didnít cover it, 321.86. A year later (out of warranty) these things are still occurring with the same response! These cars are pieces of junk! Something always needing to be repaired!!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. 25/36

Suggested Improvements

Build it with better parts! Make it Chevy quality! GM needs to stand behind what they build!!

Great for the price
By GregNLisa

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car for her commute 40 miles/day. So far, excellent value. Paid $10k for used '07 LT Coupe/Automatic with air, cruise, tilt, pwr. windows, locks, CD player, etc. 26,000 miles. Good mileage, 35 consistantly on highway, 28-30 around town. Very quiet inside, almost no wind or road noise. 100k mile engine/transmission warranty nice plus. Considered a Civic or Corolla, but nothing this new with a decent warranty could touch the price. Would of had to buy a 5 year old Civic or Corolla to get to our $10k budget.

Favorite Features

Aux. in on radio (great for Sirius). Good mileage, nice looks, cheap to buy and maintain, multi adjustable seats, good warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap inside.

Chevy Cobalt - a good value
By pvs68

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The base model seems to be the most car for the money and the quality so far seems to be competitive to leading imports. Even the most basic model comes with standard features that other cars in its class donít come with. It is also easy and inexpensive to perform your own preventative maintenance (oil changes) on too. I like mine, a 2 door standard transmission, because it is sporty, economical, and practical. I did extensive research before buying it and had the most confidence with this purchase.

Favorite Features

Standard transmission with front wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of right now.