2007 Chevrolet Cobalt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
So far, so good
By Carol on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Cobalt LS when it was approx. 1.6 yrs. old. I was very nervous about buying a NA car and it took me about twenty-five years to buy another one. So far, I've been very happy with my car. I'm very proud of it's appearance. I don't expect it to be completely problem free now, but so far I have just had the oil changed. The dealership has been very good to me. I'm okay with the standard door locks...less to go wrong...and I'm not in a hurry. If this one does well, I will buy another NA car. I love the way the back end of this car looks. For the money...it's been great.

Great Gas mileage, Nice Car
By Persephone on 09/06/10 06:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is very reliable, great on gas. I drive both a lot of city and Highway miles. I avg. 34-35 mpg on the hwy @ 55-60 mph. 32-33 mpg @ 65-75 mph. City avg 28-29 mpg. I noticed a prior owner complained of the steering shake. Mine had that too until someone mentioned that is loose bearings. I had it serviced (not too expensive); problem solved. I had to replace the shocks and struts (warranty covered) but then I do a lot of driving in bad road conditions (Lots of potholes and uneven pavement). Always liked this car - my husband just found the same model and year with 23,000 miles for $10,900 and is buying it this week.

My Review
By Rachel on 08/23/10 19:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the worst car I have ever driven. Been in the shop more than 4 times. Air conditioner flooded passenger side floor board. Radiator had to be replaced, head gasket replaced and told I need a new engine. Steering wheel shakes when you get over 55 mph and shakes when I slow down. Fuel system sucks. Oil and fuel meter in car not accurate. I will never buy from Chevy again after owning this piece of junk car. Don't buy a Chevy cobalt!

Good car for the money.
By Roy "Rocky" Cathcart on 08/07/10 04:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my daughter, who was on her way to college. This vehicle has served us well, and looks like it will take us to graduation day. After graduation it will probably go to another member of the family who needs a good - serviceable - and economic automobile. We keep up with the maintenance schedule, and have it detailed (inside and out) every spring. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good quality car in that price range.

Hate this car
By Unhappy Customer on 07/13/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate this car. It tends to stall and has bucking problems especially when it rains. The steering wheel ALWAYS shakes a lot around 55 mph (or anywhere between 50 and 60 mph) after using my auxiliary cord for a while the radio goes in and out as if someone were constantly inserting and removing the auxiliary cord even though the outlet is not being used. I can't forget to mention the inconvenience of manual locks and windows or the 2 recalls. Plus, it only gets an average of 23 mpg. Don't waste your money on this car!

Worst Car we've ever had.
By colemyst on 07/03/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Three years old 6000 miles on it and this is what we got. Continual noises, squeaking, chirping, clicking, grinding squealing noises, taillight filled with moisture, shifting stick slips, steering column needed to be change twice, power steering motor needs to be change - now recalled, bushings replaced, surge tank faulty, list goes on. The car probably won't. Car still has noises even after mechanics works on it, saying it was fixed. HA They must be trained to say it because they all do don't they?

Junk!
By usereks1187 on 06/09/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Bought car when it was one year old, spent so much time in shop I got a second car so I had something to drive. All the interior trim has broken the front end has pretty much fallen apart steering is awful had many transmission problems. Dealership service along with GM customer service is the worst I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and a big headache get something other then GM.

Awful arm rest
By lee on 05/17/10 13:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

After reading a number of complaints, I can count myself blessed. My problem is the arm rest that collapse under warranty and now has collapsed again. The trim around the sun roof fell off. I was told that I had to purchase the kit & it was simple to snap back in place. I couldn't do it. Paid 48.00 for the dealer to put it on, same problem the trim has fallen off again. Visor mirror cover snap off in my hand. Buyer beware of the small things too.

Beats a civic all to hell
By Cory on 04/10/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car works great, lots of power for 4 cyl. I've had it going 220 km/h, way better car for the money than a Civic. However the electronic power steering failed me but gm has since recalled it at no cost to me, also the front suspension is not built to last, will need struts soon at 78,000 kilometers. The 7 speaker pioneer stereo sounds great with factory XM is a must also the 17 inch wheels look great and car handles perfectly at high speeds, looks great in black with limo tint Windows. Overall very happy with the appearance and performance

Fast reliable economy car
By Ryan07SS on 03/26/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

Bought this car from the dealership brand new. I added the stage 2 kit and the gmmp exhaust which all was under warranty. I have ran the car hard and to this day have had no problems with it. It gets 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. This is the best car I've every own the so much fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.