2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:
Worst Car Ever!
By arabella on 07/20/12 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car that I've ever had. My parents even agreed. It was my graduation present for high school. First thing that went wrong, while I was driving down to start my first year of college, the speaker on the drive side blew in and out, then finally out. I continuously kept trying to take it to the dealership but they REFUSED to talk to me because 1. I'm a woman and 2. I'm blonde so I can't know what I'm talking about. My dad had to take it to a Chrysler dealership before anyone else would fix it. The ignition switch locked up on me twice. Then the front right tire blew out on me while I was driving. Last, but not least, there were TWO gas leaks in the car.

Not a bad little car.
By joe_e on 05/28/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '07 in '09 as a certified GM used vehicle with 33k miles, upped the warranty to 75k. At first, I was somewhat disinterested. Styling could stand to be less Cavalier-ey, but I needed something to get 25+ on the highway. During my tenure of ownership (through 2012) it performed flawlessly. I put almost 43k miles on it in 3 years, and while it was never an 'awesome' car, it far, far exceeded my expectations. Wife traded it for an Avenger, and the car sold before we even got the new car off the lot. I'll miss this one.

I hate this car so much!!!!
By mrunkows on 05/18/11 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I thought for sure I was trading in my beater car for a nice reliable car. Wow was I wrong. This car is so horrible in the snow, there is literally no control on the smallest amount of snow. It even spins out when your going real slow. You probably would have better luck getting to where your going safely if you got out and walked. This car is terrible. It just spins out all the time. If you live in a place where it never snows, then this is a good car. I literally cannot stand this car at all. Everyone knows this car is crap in the snow. In general its a crappy car.

do yourself a favor and stay away
By don'tbuy on 01/08/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and it has been in the shop more and for longer periods of time than ANY other car I have owned. I am picking it up again today from the dealership after the transmission was rebuilt at 10,788 miles. There is a water leak that they have yet to find and the car smells like mold. They want me to bring it back when the new carpet they ordered for it comes in! this has been an ongoing thing since early last summer with the mold. The first time they just sprayed something in the vents. there is standing water in the trunk wheel well.

start saving now for monthy for repairs
By SCsCrazyItalian on 08/25/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive and has a cute body, but those are about the only good things I have to say about the car. In the very few months I have had the car I have had; the breaks replaced, had to buy a new battery and have had the whole gear shift unit replaced. It is not practical at all. There is no space what so ever in the back seat. The inside paint scratches way too easily and the stereo razzes very easily. Over all just not a practical car. Oh and if you get one with a fin on the back forget about rear visibility.

great car for a college guy
By spencer on 03/25/09 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my cobalt the night after my high school graduation, I bought it for $11,988 with 15,389 miles on it. But the night I drove it home, when I hit my very well maintained gravel driveway, I heard a loud thud coming from the steering! Well the dealership replaced both steering shafts but now 17,000 miles later at around 31,500 miles the same shaft need to be replaced! It all was under warranty but now I am worried about it going out at 45,00 miles (not under warranty!) but over all it is a very flashy car, especially with a loud exhaust! (gets the cop's attention). I love the stereo and the interior design! And I am getting 26.5 mpg driving around town and I once pulled 35.6 on a road trip!

Great for the price
By GregNLisa on 08/12/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car for her commute 40 miles/day. So far, excellent value. Paid $10k for used '07 LT Coupe/Automatic with air, cruise, tilt, pwr. windows, locks, CD player, etc. 26,000 miles. Good mileage, 35 consistantly on highway, 28-30 around town. Very quiet inside, almost no wind or road noise. 100k mile engine/transmission warranty nice plus. Considered a Civic or Corolla, but nothing this new with a decent warranty could touch the price. Would of had to buy a 5 year old Civic or Corolla to get to our $10k budget.

Good car for the money.
By Shawn E. on 06/19/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for a little over a year and I think that it is a good car for having over 16,000 miles already. There are some improvements that need to be made though. It has great fuel economy at 30 mpg, and that is not highway! Comfortable seating in front but not the back. good stereo system. Car is fun to drive on winding roads. The car has been in the shop twice. Once for bad control arm bushings and warped rotors. And the next for a loud grinding sound in the brakes. I think that it needs a 6 disc cd changer. Overall it is a good car for a low price.

Great Car!
By JT on 04/25/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on this car and I love it! This car is great in the snow, if you know how to drive in the snow. It is also very fun to drive, not too sporty, not to grandma-esque. It is comfortable and reliable. I can fit my cross-country skis in the trunk if I fold down the back seat.

Love my Car!
By Linda on 04/01/08 22:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. I looked at new cars for two years and I really enjoy this car. I purchased victory red, leather interior sunroof. I could not ask for anything more and the estimated mpg is better than the sticker. I am getting 28 city 37 highway and the warranty is wonderful. I suggest this car to anyone. Very sporty sexy. So far so good!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.