2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Consumer Review: Great Little Car (LS/2.2 Autom

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Little Car (LS/2.2 Automatic)
By Andrew on

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a six and a half foot tall guy and my Cobalt has more than ample front seat room for me. I'm a teacher and commute 90 miles per day to work, and 400 miles a weekend to my summer job for the past two years and I have had not one single problem with the car. Performance is great for the 2.2 engine as a commuter car. I currently have 73500 miles on the car and only have brought it back to the dealership for regular maintenance. When I keep it at 60-65 MPH on the highway, I regularly get about 425 miles to a tank of gas. In the summers, I drive from the Jersey Shore to Scranton, PA, and back, and still have enough in the tank to drive around town for a couple days. I'd recommend to all.

Gas mileage, ample power for a commuter car, roomy front seat area, no mechanical problems at all, after almost 75000 miles, the engine is almost still silent at idle .

I really don't have anything I'd want improved. For the $12000 I paid for it, and the $0 I've spent on repairs in 3 years, this car was well worth the investment. It's a $12000 car for sure as for as bells and whistles go, but I'd still take it cross country again if I had the chance.